Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Do i need a tune?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 12:17 AM
StangfireGT

Default Do i need a tune?

Hey i recently got a 05 mustang gt and its got a CAI and JBA headers and it has a gauge readibg thay its running lean i don't know if there has ever been a tune on this car or not. So i think i need a tune but how do i go about this. And will any tune work, im brand new to tuning. Thanks
Old 07-26-2015, 10:07 PM
JimC

If you are running lean, then yes you need a tune for the CAI. Go to americanmuscle.com and you can order the tuner and tunes there. They will need to know what CAI you have so that they can properly set you up.
Old 07-27-2015, 01:54 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by StangfireGT
Hey i recently got a 05 mustang gt and its got a CAI and JBA headers and it has a gauge readibg thay its running lean i don't know if there has ever been a tune on this car or not. So i think i need a tune but how do i go about this. And will any tune work, im brand new to tuning. Thanks
Hey Stang,

With those mods, you definitely want to get the car tuned sooner rather than later!

I would recommend going with a Bama X4/SF4 Power Flash Tuner as that will get you setup. The Bama team will get your car running perfect and unleash a ton of power! You will also get free tunes for life so if you decide to continue modding, you won't have to pay for a re-tune!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will
Old 07-27-2015, 01:55 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JimC
If you are running lean, then yes you need a tune for the CAI. Go to americanmuscle.com and you can order the tuner and tunes there. They will need to know what CAI you have so that they can properly set you up.
Thanks for the shout Jim

We can definitely get OP's car running great!

-Will
Old 07-27-2015, 03:57 PM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Steeda is available for your tuning needs!

http://www.steeda.com/sct-mustang-x4...uner-388-7015/

We can get the process started for you ASAP ... you can send me your contact info & I can have one of the tuning experts hook you up!

We are right around the corner in GA so shipping will be fast!!

We have some of the best tuners in the industry & offer tunes for life, great package:

Here is James G for example:

James G.
Lead Tuner and Calibrator

James has over 15 years of experience professionally tuning Fords - mainly the Mustang, Focus, Fusion and F-series. He was previously employed by SCT and trained many of their top tuners! James takes pride in providing quality, conservative tunes that you will feel confident in loading onto your daily driver. Reliability while providing tremendous gains are at the core of our tuning values.
Happy to help when you are ready!!

Best Regards,

TJ
Old 07-27-2015, 08:53 PM
StangfireGT

Default Brand of tuner

Since im new to the tuning thing i saw some of these tuners for sale i see the x4 on AM for 399 and i see the Diablo intune for 399. Do these offer differnt tunes? Is there an advantage to buying something like that do (they come with a warranty) or would a used one work? Ex: i see that there is a x3 SCT for sale for 50 on Craigslist.
Since i got the car used i dont know if it has a tune or not,assuming not since its running lean, but if it does will i have any problems?
Old 07-27-2015, 10:37 PM
JimC

Buying a used tuner can be a problem - if the prior owner didn't set the car back to stock then the tuner can't be used until you send it to SCT to be unlocked, for $150. Even if it is unlocked, you have to buy tunes for your car anyway (tunes are specific to your computer code). So buy the new one and tunes from American Muscle or Steeda and you will be good to go.
Old 07-27-2015, 10:54 PM
StangfireGT

Ok thanks
Old 07-27-2015, 11:01 PM
StangfireGT

Not trying to be cheap but i notice that AM has a promo code section in the checkout. i cant seem to find any online. Just trying to save a few bucks when spending $399 do you know of any or where i can find them.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:12 AM
tj@steeda
3rd Gear Member

Your best bet is to p.m. one of their reps for the code.

Best Regards,

TJ

Quick Reply: Do i need a tune?