Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

HP & Torque Specs on Tuners???

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2015, 04:53 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default HP & Torque Specs on Tuners???

Where can I get the HP & Torque Specs on your tuners for the 2016 GT??? Can't find that info! Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 11-23-2015, 02:24 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Is there no way to get any "specific" information on tuners regarding H.P. & torque? As I check around that information is missing from most manufacturers. All the tuners I've bought in the past had H.P. & torque information on their canned tunes. Why would I buy a tuner without any specific info.? What am I missing here??

Anyone know what manufacturers make a tuner with a few canned tunes for a 2016 Mustang GT?
Old 11-23-2015, 05:30 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Did you catch my responses here?:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/tune...ch-here-6.html

Let me know if you need more info.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2015, 03:22 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Thanx Mike! Got the info. I wanted!
Old 11-24-2015, 02:00 PM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

After reading several of your threads, loaded with information & details, I'm a little disappointed to see you shopping for a " canned " tune !!
Old 11-24-2015, 03:02 PM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

There are great gains to be had with a good canned tune, 90% of the stuff being passed off as custom out there is just someone elses 'canned' tune sent via email
Old 11-25-2015, 04:37 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
After reading several of your threads, loaded with information & details, I'm a little disappointed to see you shopping for a " canned " tune !!
Yes, I know, but I'm not sure I would even know what to ask for in a "individual tune", so I'd leave it up to the maker of the tuner to supply a good, reliable canned tune! I don't need the last few HP out of a tune. I used a canned tune with my '08, before I put the supercharger on it. It made quite a difference. Honestly, the reason I wanted some specifics is that I'm trying to make up my mind whether to go with a tuner, or a supercharger like my last GT. The new GT's really don't need much more HP to be a lot of fun, .... BUT if I was being practical I would have just bought a Ford Edge! Right?

Last edited by Mr. D; 11-25-2015 at 04:39 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:27 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
Yes, I know, but I'm not sure I would even know what to ask for in a "individual tune", so I'd leave it up to the maker of the tuner to supply a good, reliable canned tune! I don't need the last few HP out of a tune. I used a canned tune with my '08, before I put the supercharger on it. It made quite a difference. Honestly, the reason I wanted some specifics is that I'm trying to make up my mind whether to go with a tuner, or a supercharger like my last GT. The new GT's really don't need much more HP to be a lot of fun, .... BUT if I was being practical I would have just bought a Ford Edge! Right?
A custom tune allows you to discuss with the tuner, what you want & don't want...............it's tailored to " your needs "..
If you decide not to install a blower, a " canned " tune is good enough.
Your other threads seem to indicate you had put a blower on your list of mods. Good luck with whatever way you decide to go.
Old 11-25-2015, 05:38 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mike@DiabloSport
There are great gains to be had with a good canned tune, 90% of the stuff being passed off as custom out there is just someone elses 'canned' tune sent via email

Might be true of how some tuner shops do business, shops with tuner " staffs ", send the custom tune via e-mail.
My tuner drove my car, did the data-logs, developed the tune from there, the finished tune was loaded from his laptop.

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 11-25-2015 at 05:40 AM.
Old 11-25-2015, 10:37 AM
Mike@DiabloSport
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1 Alibi 2
[/B]
Might be true of how some tuner shops do business, shops with tuner " staffs ", send the custom tune via e-mail.
My tuner drove my car, did the data-logs, developed the tune from there, the finished tune was loaded from his laptop.
You did it right, I'm sure the car is a pleasure as a result

Quick Reply: HP & Torque Specs on Tuners???