Tuner Central Have a question about which hand tuner is best for your Mustang? Talk about it here!

Bama Tune Royally screwed up my 2016 GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 06:30 PM
saintsokwitit@yahoo.com

Default Bama Tune Royally screwed up my 2016 GT

So I order the Airaid CAI & Bama Tune for my GT.
I install tune first and once it is accepted and installed my car is dead and won't start. I push in the start button and I get nothing but a message that says I need push in the clutch. I hold the clutch in push the start button but absolutely nothing.
I really get worried at this point so I decide to put the stock tune back in my car.
After the stock tune is back in the car I get a DTC code PO 315 (crankshaft position system variation not learned.)
I try to clear the code with the tuner but it doesn't clear it no matter what I try.
I now have a Service Engine Light that won't go away as well and I'm freaking out.
I contacted Bama on Saturday and they say it will be turned over to their Tier 3 support team but I haven't heard from them yet.
I'm praying that this Service Engine Light isn't hurting my engine.
Thanks Bama!!!!
Old 03-08-2016, 11:51 AM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

Saintsokwitit,

Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having but that there's a quick fix and I assure you that all is well and that the car is not "messed" up in any way shape or form.

I've had this escalated over the the Bama Team and you should have correspondence from them already. Sorry about the delay but they have limited staff over the weekend and they like to take their time creating calibrations.

Bama will likely ask that you're going to have the car set back to stock in order to have them read the cars coding immediately. They're going to ask this because Ford has a tendency to update their PCM's without letting the general public know (Considering the car is a '16 and not a '15 that's likely what had occurred)

They're also going to ask for a phone number and are more than happy to help walk you through what they'll need to help get everything settled for you.

Tell Ryan I said hello, you should be working with him and please report back.

Alex
Old 03-08-2016, 02:11 PM
saintsokwitit@yahoo.com

I wish I would have known that they didn't have the tunes for the 2016's before I purchased this tuner. I don't want to be a test car for them.
The car was set back to stock tune immediately after their tune didn't work because the car was dead and would not do anything. I'm very upset that I spent so much money on a CAI & Tuner and I'm left to deal with these issues.
Old 03-09-2016, 10:52 AM
09GT/CS
2nd Gear Member

Not to be mistaken as a BAMA fanboy but that's kinda the way it is with most tuners. Even a custom Dyno tune the guy is going to sit there and play with the stock tune to figure it out. The manufacturers don't openly distribute the PCM code to be tweaked at will. It's a learning process. Also you have modified the original configuration which changes lots of other variables in the tune. I understand being upset by the fact it didn't work but that's the risk you take when modifying a car. It doesn't always work the way you expect especially on newer cars. At least they are working with you to make it right. Ive dealt with tuners in the past that look at you like you have to heads when questioning their tune.
Old 03-09-2016, 01:31 PM
AMAlexLazarus
Former Sponsor

I spoke with Ryan and he relayed the following that you had spoke:

They had pulled your strategy code, ran into some home-computer problems, received new tunes, threw the Crank Relearn and you both had it learned while the car warmed up and that everything's in the clear. If there's ever anything that comes up tune related shoot them a call and let them know that I had sent you!

Happy to hear that all is well.

Alex
Old 03-10-2016, 11:08 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

" I wish I would have known that they didn't have the tunes for the 2016's "
How does a co. ( any co., not just Bama ), sell a person a tune & not ask what MY the car is ???
Old 03-10-2016, 11:11 AM
09GT/CS
2nd Gear Member

They do ask a model year it's literally one of the first couple boxes on the order form. Followed closely by the PCM strategy code.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:44 PM
jesse1125
2nd Gear Member

Do you really need a tune? Can't you just change the drive mode on the new cars?
Old 04-10-2016, 10:17 AM
saintsokwitit@yahoo.com

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back with my response on BAMA Tunes but they really did fix me up.
I can't thank Ryan at Bama enough, he did an excellent job and was very patient with helping me out. I was really frustrated and discouraged but I have to say that they have really gone above and beyond my expectations.

Steve