USAM decals...

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 12:26 AM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: USAM decals...

Jesus ****in christ its a sticker people! Ricers have hundreds of em on their cars and i bet they dont argue about em.

I dont see the problem with U.S.A.M. I wont lie, it looks good on the back window of an fbody. Cant blame em for havin weird curvy back windows. Thats a GM thing. Its simple, clean, but still gets the point across and looks good. Yeah people will be wonderin "wtf does USAM mean?" But odds are if they heard of Uncle Sam's American Muscle before, then they will know who we are, and hopefully they will figure out that USAM=Uncle Sam's American Muscle. And if they dont know what uncle sams american muscle means, then they wont know what USAM means, meaning they dont even care, meaning they can go about their merry way.

Personally I like the way the original decals look on the Mustang rear window. The lettering sits nicely with the bottom curvature of the window. Idk why you guys want new decals in the first place, cant we just order more of the old ones in whatever colors we want? But if the general vote is we need a new decal, id be happy to toy around with photoshop and see what i can come up with.

My point being: USAM = Uncle Sam's American Muscle. Means the same damn thing, but the abbreviated version sits better at the bottom of the sharply curved fbody back window. Not takin sides here, im just noticing that were arguing... over stickers... [&:]
Old 05-09-2008, 12:35 AM
JT76

here is my current that is the subject of so much hate:

Using advanced computer technology i have made a representation of the spelled out version
on an F body.... may i present my submission for the new emblem.....

Old 05-09-2008, 12:37 AM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Plus, an "emblem" is something small and simple. Normally a picture with an abbreviation or small saying. A huge picture on a back window would defeat the clean, refined, not too flashy purpose of an emblem. The old decal "Uncle Sam's American Muscle" pretty much says it all.

If we want something pictoral, an emblem, the winter decal seems to be a good base. Its kinda big, but shrinking it down is a possibility. Maybe keep the uncle sam pic, shrink it down a bit, and have "USAM" in larger letters, or "Uncle Sam's American Muscle" in smaller letters, so fitment isnt a problem?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:50 AM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

That emblem fails. Minimum of 5 exclamation points there picasso.

Seriously tho, look at the placement of the USAM decal on his window. He has to have it up that high for 2 reasons: His huge wing, and cause the bottom of his window is shaped like a shovel. Something long and spelled out wouldnt look good if placed that high up on the window. Even if i designed a decal that curved with the bottom of the window, it would still be covered up by the wing (if looking at it from direct back of car).

My previous statement stands tho, about the original decals. They fit nicely on a Mustang rear window. If everyone really wants new ones tho, maybe i can come up with a more badass looking font or something. Ill sleep on it.