USAM decals...

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 08:51 AM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

Default USAM decals...

Ok guys, I don't think it has been on anyone else's mind but it has been bothering me that we never settled the issue of getting a new club decal. We can't go with the old ones since jim don't like how they fit on an F-Body window since now he has one and the one we haddeisgned the winterwas all messed up....[/align][/align]I know of a place, On-The-Mark Design on ridge rd in Lackawanna, they made my Ford Racing decal that was on the v6. They have a lot of computer technology over there and reasonable prices. I bet if we take the decal we made this winter to him he could put the white outline on it we need for it to show up on our windows better, or he can help us with changing the design too if we wanted too.[/align][/align]I would like for as many of us to be present when we go there so HOPEFULLY there will be less bitching about the final product when we come up with one whether it be over size, shape, color, design etc... even though history shows it is impossible to please everyone, I would like this to be a group effort and not just myself, for example, taking it there and making the important choices.[/align][/align][/align]
Old 05-08-2008, 10:50 AM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Default RE: USAM decals...

Lemme know when you plan on goin, im into the photoshopping and artsy designing **** with computers so id be interested to see what our options would be.
Old 05-08-2008, 11:28 AM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

ill post the hours of the business up later, i would guess an evening time or sat morning will work best for most people....ill get hours up tonight
Old 05-08-2008, 01:59 PM
JT76

something simple would be best i think...
Old 05-08-2008, 08:17 PM
timeformiller44
4th Gear Member

jim u have simple as simple can be.. lol like ur embarrsed to be apart of the club

but yeah def should get all matching ones for everybodys car
Old 05-08-2008, 08:26 PM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

I do not like the abbreviations that he has, it will/should have the full name spelled out, and i like the idea we had this winter, and we all should have the same one
Old 05-08-2008, 08:47 PM
JT76

i like the simple initals, like the "BDR" that Muscle50 has (his old group of 5.0 guys from back in the day)its where i got the idea from.Spelled out in a like looks like **** on my car, and i wont put anything on my car that i think looks like ****. You guys do what you like, but as of now im keeping what i have. Maybe George can work something out in photoshop, if its going to be an emblem, i want something nice and small and to the point, nothing too busy looking. And i deff dont want anything sprawled out across my back window.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:04 PM
GStam66
4th Gear Member

Well if you guys want me to start trying **** in photoshop, i need some basic ideas. Would you all prefer just text, or a picture too? How big do we want these things? Big enough so that the guy in the car behind us can read it? Or small but still noticeable, so that you can make out the lettering when standing next to the car? The entire Uncle Sam's American Muscle can fit, but it will have to be small.

Personally i think a big picture like the one we had over winter would be too much. It kinda takes away from the "uncle sams american muscle part". Unless we can all agree on a small, simple picture that can fit between "sam's" and "american", or on either side of the name?
Old 05-08-2008, 11:07 PM
bikeboy587
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JT76

i like the simple initals, like the "BDR" that Muscle50 has (his old group of 5.0 guys from back in the day)its where i got the idea from.Spelled out in a like looks like **** on my car, and i wont put anything on my car that i think looks like ****. You guys do what you like, but as of now im keeping what i have. Maybe George can work something out in photoshop, if its going to be an emblem, i want something nice and small and to the point, nothing too busy looking. And i deff dont want anything sprawled out across my back window.
[/align][/align]well I know that since now u have an fbody(last year u didn't care about them bec u didn't have one) that you don't like it in a straight line....but it will be spelled out, like the one we made over the winter, and honestly u can participate in making the logo or not, but if you want to be the odd one out and not have it on bec u don't like it, i don't give a **** if you need to be special to have your own logo[/align]
Old 05-09-2008, 12:11 AM
JT76

The day the club starts to pay for my car insurence is the day when i will be told what and what will not go on my car.

I like the simple initials. If someone comes up with something better, im all for it. If its something gaudy and or huge and sprawling i dont want it. And as far as Miller stating that i am ashamed to be a part of the club, which he seems to do a lot,why would i have anything on my car at all? Use your head. If i were to be ashamed of anything it would be the bickering that goes on between everyone constantly, but thats besides the point. Everyone should worry about getting their cars functional rather than stickers.

Come up with a good decal, i will take it. Im sure the other F body guys will agree that because of the design of our cars, something small and compact looks best.

Quick Reply: USAM decals...