Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters
Sponsored by Optima Batteries

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 03-01-2006, 09:36 PM   #1
two mustangs

Default how do you remove rear deck 2 replace speakers

i started to remove the rear deck or dash, i was 1/2 way into project and ran into problems .
does any 1 know how to remove the rear deck on a 96 stang .....
in advance thanks for all the help .
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 03-02-2006, 02:42 AM   #2
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

Default RE: how do you remove rear deck 2 replace speakers

You remove it by pressing down on both sides and then lifting up, the deck is held on by clips, just take your time so you dont break it...

2003 Mustang (YN Silver) Too many mods to list latest and greatest mod: Just picked up a 03' Cobra motor!!
Wanted: Tranny and Wiring from 03/04 Cobra..
Jimmz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:57 PM   #3
Autobadges.com
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Autobadges.com

Yeah.

See you should have pulled the rear seats down

Then you see that the top black "section" is bolted up by some 3 bolts...one on each end and one in the middle. From there you lift that off. After that you have that cardboard panel that you have to be more careful with as that can break being so flimsy. As stated go to one end and slightly push it IN and lift it UP and you do that to the other side as well and then pull the entire unit towards you..I have done this like 10 times and can do it in less then 4 min lol
Autobadges.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
lilnicky068
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to lilnicky068

^^^^^hes right^^^^^
i put some infinity speakers in my rear deck not too long ago. like autobadges said, take out those 3 bolts and then its fairly simple to figure out from there. im taking mine out again this weekend to vaccum that sucker off. theres all kinds of crap on it and its hard to vaccum up there.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Chuck Beers

This might be crazy but when you remove the rear deck for 2004 GT, is it any different?
I dont need to remove the seats as it folds down, I removed the three bolts and popped the front two plastic screw/pins, but from there I cant remove or lift it.
It seems to be tucked in under the inside....or am I just being over cautious not forcing it. Not very many references saying either way......
Chuck Beers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1996, 2006, 2011, 94, 96, back, deck, gt, mustang, rear, removal, remove, removing, replace, speaker, speakers