V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

honeycomb crap.........

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 10:02 PM
silverstang18
I ♥ Acer

Default honeycomb crap.........

does anyone have a cool or maybe even unusual way to eliminate or get rid of the honey comb on hood and sides? thanks
Old 01-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Autobadges.com
Banned

Default RE: honeycomb crap.........

like the grilles?
Old 01-21-2007, 10:15 PM
silverstang18
I ♥ Acer

well not the front grill , i am working on getting a grill delete for that, but like on the hood and side scoops there is a strip of like plastic honeycomb it looks horrible. i saw in someone's sig that they did a hood grill delete but not sure who..........
Old 01-21-2007, 10:19 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

check out UPR . they carry a lot of dress up items that could get rid of it for ya. that or you could sand down the side scoops smooth and paint them whatever color you want. you could even paint them the same color as the car. that would probably look pretty cool actually. the hoodscoop i dont know...before i decided to get a mach 1 hood i was working on something for mine. i was hooking up a scoop like the big ol blowers have that opens and closes w/ the throttle. i had the hood scoop flap brakets mostly done and i had the cable and i had where i was routing it figured out. i just had a few things left but i ran outa time and i havent touched it in a long time. then i decided im gettin a shaker so i completely gave up.

its kinda bent up a little. it got stepped on once since ive had it in my room.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:25 PM
silverstang18
I ♥ Acer

hey bro want to tell me more about that hood idea? i like it but how would you get it to move according to the throttle?
Old 01-21-2007, 10:32 PM
miamiman23
2nd Gear Member

youd hook it up to the throttle body with a metal rod or something of that nature. that was a pretty cool idea americanidiot
Old 01-21-2007, 10:35 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: silverstang18

hey bro want to tell me more about that hood idea? i like it but how would you get it to move according to the throttle?
i was going to use a little bolt stickin out the top of the edge of that metal rod that goes through the center. then i had a brake cable...like from a bike.....that would go from that bolt to the gas pedal. i had it run from under the hood liner stuff down the passenger side then it went down right where the little cable thing is that goes from the hood cover thing to the fender then i routed it across the back of the firewall where all the wires are and down to the gas pedal. i hadnt hooked it to either end yet though. at first i had a small microswicth that i made a bracket for and it opened the switch when the tb got to a certain point, then it would stay on untill it dropped past that point. i was then gonna out a little servo or actuator or osmethin under the scoop to open and close the scoop right when the switche opened up. i couldnt find a good actuator or anything so i gave that idea up. i really like the actuator idea though because i was going to put a small cutoff switch under the dash that you couldnt see so when it was raining i could shut it off and it wouldnt open. i had the wires run and the swich mounted but that also had to go...

oh and after i decided not to actually use it, i did think of just puttin in infront of the honeycomb just for looks because it does look really really cool. you could probably do that really easy. and if you have the stock 6er hood all of this would be easier because you aren confined to such a small work space of the size of the scoop.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:36 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: miamiman23

youd hook it up to the throttle body with a metal rod or something of that nature. that was a pretty cool idea americanidiot
ithought about that but the throttle body on our car is sideways and the scoop faces forward. i did think about using the cable right to the tb though.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:37 PM
silverstang18
I ♥ Acer

dam man you thought it out i might try that but i am not sure if i am brave enough but i would really like to have that it would be cool esp with a GT hood scoop
Old 01-21-2007, 10:39 PM
miamiman23
2nd Gear Member

[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: amrcnidyot

ORIGINAL: miamiman23

ithought about that but the throttle body on our car is sideways and the scoop faces forward. i did think about using the cable right to the tb though.
ur right, but isnt that how the old muscle cars had theirs rigged up[/blockquote]

Quick Reply: honeycomb crap.........