V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Looking to build sleeper. Most important mods??

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:07 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

Default RE: Looking to build sleeper. Most important mods??

you won't have to worry about having a 400HP car with a 98. don't just do all suspension either. what good is having the ability to take corners if you can't accelerate out of them? if you're still in school, you probably don't have the funds needed to bring a 98 up to snuff. just enjoy the car as it is now and trade-up for a newer v6 or an older GT.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:10 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

ORIGINAL: nanaki

you won't have to worry about having a 400HP car with a 98. don't just do all suspension either. what good is having the ability to take corners if you can't accelerate out of them? if you're still in school, you probably don't have the funds needed to bring a 98 up to snuff. just enjoy the car as it is now and trade-up for a newer v6 or an older GT.
+1 NUFF SAID
Old 05-01-2007, 11:09 AM
deezelnut
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: jthorn9

OK first of all, you DO NOT want a single exhaust, it will cause you more problems than good.

can you explain this please???
Old 05-01-2007, 12:49 PM
bhskins05
1st Gear Member

if you plan on auto crossing, youll need to get a lsd
Old 05-01-2007, 01:00 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Surely. Single exhaust is a lot of restriction for a car trying to make 300+ rwhp, not to mention 400, sure it's possible, because, hey, Skylines do it, but a Mustang is not a Skyline, and his car will work much better with true duals.

Also deezel, while we're on the topic, where the F are your pics. I thought you said you'd have them up in Jan, then again in March, here it is May, and still no pics, WTF gives man?
Old 05-01-2007, 03:46 PM
eddiev22
3rd Gear Member

a sleeper... keep your stock body, put in LT headers w/ dual exhaust and have turn downs after the mufflers, so nothing is showing... get auburn posi/detroit tru-trac (not tlok, they are weaker), get a twin turbo kit (have the exhaust built to it) and you'll most likely need new internals bc the stock engine isn't strong enough to handle over like 450-500hp stock i think... anyway, main point=twin turbo, if you have the money or can custom fab up a bunch of piping
Old 05-01-2007, 03:51 PM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eddiev22

a sleeper... keep your stock body, put in LT headers w/ dual exhaust and have turn downs after the mufflers, so nothing is showing... get auburn posi/detroit tru-trac (not tlok, they are weaker), get a twin turbo kit (have the exhaust built to it) and you'll most likely need new internals bc the stock engine isn't strong enough to handle over like 450-500hp stock i think... anyway, main point=twin turbo, if you have the money or can custom fab up a bunch of piping
why the hell would you get longtubes if your gettin a turbo? youd just be trowin away the lts so you could put theturbo headers on. turndowns after the muffles will be loud, not much of a sleeper if its loud as hell.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:09 PM
Adams_02GT
3rd Gear Member

1st mod, take the LED's off.Good luck with the project.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:05 PM
eddiev22
3rd Gear Member

oops forgot i said LTs, iw as thinking just regular exhaust then my mind switched to TTs, and turndowns so you cant see the tips? do you want your exhaust fumes going into your rear axle? or is that not an issue
Old 05-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Crsytal Ice
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Greenx98xV6

Well alright then, all things set aside, what would you all reccomend to make my car better for autocrossing. Should I go straight up suspension so I can corner harder, or just more horsepower.

Any luck a random turbocharger froma junkyard would work in my car? If it would what additional modifications would I have to make in order to apply the turbo?
not a turbo but u can score a supercharger off of a tnderbord super coupe...the superscharger off that will pretty much bolt on, need to do fab work of course

Quick Reply: Looking to build sleeper. Most important mods??