V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Body Kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 12:35 AM
psycoffman
1st Gear Member

Default Body Kit questions

I am considering purchasing a body kit for my 01 v6 vert. I like the saleen kits, but my wife doesn't really want to get duals because she thinks its stupid and I don't know how a dual bumper would look without them. Anyone have pics of one ?

I keep hearing everyone talk about abcexclusive. How is their stuff? Are their kits good? How hard is it to install a kit? Do they just bolt on in place of the factory parts? How much should I expect to pay for paint? Sorry about the question attack, but I have never done anything with body kits. Don't hesistate to over simplify for me lol. Thanks yet again
Old 05-01-2007, 12:42 AM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Body Kit questions

Body kits are an excellent way to make your car look awesome, if they are in good taste, and I suggest not to get one if you are not going to upgrade to duals because it will look not too good with just the cut outs and the little limp pipe sticking out of one.

Also don't buy fibergalass kits, only polyurethane, as they are much stronger and pyable and will not crack if you touch a curb.

Expect around $700 for an average paint job and the parts should bolt right up if they are OEM material.
I heard 'abc' is a pretty good place to buy from but don't take my word.

Also the Saleen kits look badass. Hope this helped.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:32 AM
forplay
2nd Gear Member

I got mine from stage 3, one of our sponcers.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:37 AM
amrcnidyot
6th Gear Member

why doesnt she like duals? get a pair of gt takeoffs and dont replace the mufflers. it will still be quiet and youll have duals.
Old 05-01-2007, 02:45 AM
psycoffman
1st Gear Member

Part of it is my fault. I have a 97 tiburon that I did exhaust on and it was ridiculously loud. It gave both of us a headache so I had to put it back to somewhat stock. She just doesn't want another situation like that. Its a compromise for both of us. She got a convertible to cruise around in, and I got a mustang that I can wrench on. But she wants a quite ride. Its supposed to be a relaxing car. I can understand where she is coming from. After the tiburon, its kinda nice to not really be able to hear the exhaust.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Sparks232
2nd Gear Member

i dont know how good it would look.....but you could always do a saleen front and side skirts, and saleen wing, and then the roush back bumper, which doesnt have exhaust cutouts..... mabye someone who is more photoshop capable than me could take a pic of your car and hook it up, just an idea...dont slam me for it.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:02 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

hey i have made you a pic so i think it will be up in 2 days since im at school and cant get onto my photobucket site so got to bring it home got to say its lookin good. rims and all if you have a preference for its rims or paint just tell me.
Old 05-01-2007, 12:04 PM
Sparks232
2nd Gear Member

you photoshopped the saleen front/sides and roush bumper? dang that was quick..lol
Old 05-01-2007, 12:17 PM
SilverOnyx1
2nd Gear Member

I'd say get the duals, just don't put loud mufflers on. Then you'll have the look you want for your body kit and the quiet you both enjoy.
Old 05-01-2007, 01:58 PM
jovez
4th Gear Member

ABCexlusive's prices are great, just hope you dont have any problems, because their customer service is the worst. And you might run into fitment issues with them. (my styling bar didnt quite fit perfectly, still sticks up a little bit)

I checked with 3.8mustang and also v6power and about 50% of people had problems with them. Hopefully you dont though.

Also like previously stated DONT get fiberglass, you'll regret it. I know ido

Quick Reply: Body Kit questions