V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

How do you get burned cd's out of the cd player?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2007, 12:15 AM
l_shizzle_l
5th Gear Member

Default How do you get burned cd's out of the cd player?

I was playing a burned cd yesterday in the factory cd player, and now it won't eject out. I can hear it tring to come out, but it never actually ejects. Does anybody know how to get the cd out without tearingapart the radio?
Old 11-21-2007, 12:17 AM
cominus
5th Gear Member

Default RE: How do you get burned cd's out of the cd player?

Remove the deck and unscrew the screws.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:28 AM
baibbas
1st Gear Member

I have had the same problem on occasion...best advice is to do this....hit play, hit stop/eject...just keep doing it, eventually the CD will kick itself out..and don't use writable CDs anymore...invest in a cassette adapter and use your IPod.
Old 11-21-2007, 12:40 AM
Willem_Black
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baibbas

I have had the same problem on occasion...best advice is to do this....hit play, hit stop/eject...just keep doing it, eventually the CD will kick itself out..and don't use writable CDs anymore...invest in a cassette adapter and use your IPod.
+1, I get the same problem only it happens with original cd's and burned ones. I've had to do the play/eject move for up to 5 minutes before until something happens.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:17 PM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

it doesnt have ne thing to do with the burnt ones but i would try and get it to play again then push STOP and then eject...that sometimes works for me and it that isnt it then play it and just randomly push eject.....if it doesnt work then jst keep playn a song and tryn it again.....my player has its ups and downs[:'(]
Old 11-21-2007, 03:48 PM
alexr
★★★★★

ORIGINAL: v6stang07

it doesnt have ne thing to do with the burnt ones but i would try and get it to play again then push STOP and then eject...that sometimes works for me and it that isnt it then play it and just randomly push eject.....if it doesnt work then jst keep playn a song and tryn it again.....my player has its ups and downs[:'(]
burnt cd's have a slightly different thickness to them. thats why they get stuck. the stop/eject thing works after a while, i also had success with using a jewlers flat-head screwdriver to lift the cd to get it to eject.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:43 PM
MustangMike2001
4th Gear Member

Don't buy into the burned cd's theory. Mine always jammed up and I don't even own any burned cd's. The stock cd changer is just a piece of crap.
Old 11-21-2007, 04:56 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

I usually get it out by taking another CD and trying to put it in. It won't go in, obviously, but it usually un-jams the stuck one.
Old 11-21-2007, 05:07 PM
l_shizzle_l
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Xemeth

I usually get it out by taking another CD and trying to put it in. It won't go in, obviously, but it usually un-jams the stuck one.
I've tried that before, but it dosn't work. O-well, looks like i'm stuck listening to linkin park for a while...(J/K!)
Old 11-21-2007, 06:15 PM
akinahs
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangMike2001

Don't buy into the burned cd's theory. Mine always jammed up and I don't even own any burned cd's. The stock cd changer is just a piece of crap.
+1!

My cd's have been sticking since last week...and none of them are burned! I hit eject a bunch of times and turn the car off for at least 30 minutes, then when I start it up again, hit the eject button and it'll pop out.

Quick Reply: How do you get burned cd's out of the cd player?