Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters
Sponsored by Optima Batteries

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-02-2008, 03:24 AM   #1
Quiz
1st Gear Member

Default Traction Control

My buddy have a 2001 Ford mustang v6 but it have traction control switch on/off

Most of the rides that ive been looking for past month dont have traction control on/off switch

I just got a 2004 Ford Mustang 3.8l 5 speed with no Traction Control Switch on/off

is this a performance add on?

what is my car ? always traction on ? i havnt really driving the car home yet untill few more hours ..

let me know what i need to do !

thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Quiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:36 AM   #2
Redneck97
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Traction Control

you type like a robot......Traction controll just limits your wheel spin. It's usually used for rain/snow so you dont fish tail and wreck.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:55 AM   #3
Quiz
1st Gear Member

Thanks for responding .

i know what it means ... but how can i have the traction control OFF while i want it too ?

So this car wont able to let me do Little Drifting,Burnouts ?

what can i do to let me allowed to on/off the traction control ?
Old 01-02-2008, 04:05 AM   #4
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Vehicle: 02 V6 with some stuff
Lamebook Twitter is ghey Linkedin is ghey XBox is the lame Don't come lookin for me
Send a message via ICQ to RyansQuick6 Send a message via AIM to RyansQuick6 Send a message via Yahoo to RyansQuick6

You don't have traction control at all. you have an open diff, so no big drifts or burnouts.

Turning it on is if you can't drive in adverse conditions, but you don't have it to turn on, so it doesn't matter anyway.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:13 AM   #5
Quiz
1st Gear Member

so ur saying there is no parts or add ons for something wtih traction control ? i mean im willing to spend more to get traction control on/off ... right now here is winter so im storage it in the garage untill spring...
Old 01-02-2008, 01:48 PM   #6
Derf00
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: '08 S197 GT

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Quiz

My buddy have a 2001 Ford mustang v6 but it have traction control switch on/off

Most of the rides that ive been looking for past month dont have traction control on/off switch

I just got a 2004 Ford Mustang 3.8l 5 speed with no Traction Control Switch on/off

is this a performance add on?

what is my car ? always traction on ? i havnt really driving the car home yet untill few more hours ..

let me know what i need to do !

thanks
Traction control was an option on all mustangs 99-04, especially the V6. 03 and 04 GT's had it incorporated as part of the premium package but you still paid for it as part of the "package". I don't believe you can have traction control without ABS as the ABS rings serve double duty for both the brakes and traction system.

Traction control just means the car cuts the gas and even applies the brakes when it sensesa wheel or wheels are spinning freely. If it didn't come from the factory with TCS (Traction Control System) don't bother. Not only will you have to swap your PCM, you will also have to have an ABS system installed which means a whole new setup from the master cylinder down to the spindles. The calipers are the same though.

Since you do not have the TCS option there is no point in getting a "button" for the option because it does not exist on your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBoyz View Post
if you are getting 29mpg in your 5.0, you aren't driving it correctly
Derf00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:43 PM   #7
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

you dont want or need traction control either. i curse my car for having it it doesnt do anything but **** me off cuz i keep forgetting to turn it off. if you strongly feel that bad that you need traction control to drive just sell your car now cuz i guarantee your gonna wreck it.

mustang wasnt fast enuff so...
Newest Mod:
2008 Yamaha R6
MU71L4710N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:27 PM   #8
NorCalMustang
1st Gear Member

So do the cars without traction control not have ABS either?

1999 Mustang 3.8 5spd, divorced flowmaster 40s, eibach springs, eibach shocks and struts, 03 cobra rims, steeda tri-ax, appearance mods
NorCalMustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #9
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Vehicle: 02 V6 with some stuff
Lamebook Twitter is ghey Linkedin is ghey XBox is the lame Don't come lookin for me
Send a message via ICQ to RyansQuick6 Send a message via AIM to RyansQuick6 Send a message via Yahoo to RyansQuick6

From what I understand it was a package deal, since you can't have TC without ABS.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:21 PM   #10
20Mustang00
1st Gear Member

mine doesn't have either... hate it too... anytime there is loose dirt on the road, snow or ice... or corn... (like the other day)... my tires lock up and i just go sliding along to a stop.......
20Mustang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:21 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
03, 1995, 2001, 2004, 38, add, control, ford, gt, location, mustang, switch, times, traction, v6