Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters
Sponsored by Optima Batteries

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-01-2008, 03:52 PM   #1
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Vehicle: 83 GLX, 93 LX, 98 sixer
Default Starter Solenoid Location

Where is the starter solenoid located on a 98? I went to pay my water bill and cam back out to leave and it wouldn't start. Had all power, just no click from the solenoid so no turn over from the engine. I need to find it to jump it so I can make sure thats the problem.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
projectresto83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 05:17 PM   #2
l_shizzle_l
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 v6
Send a message via AIM to l_shizzle_l
Default RE: Starter Solenoid Location

It's next to the transmission bellhousing.
2002 block, 4.2L crank, bored 30 over. Forged Wiseco pistions and Scat rods. 224/230 comp cam, ported heads, lsx valve springs, ported intake. BHJ crank balancer with ASP underdrive pulley. Spec stage 2+ clutch, alum flywheel, steeda short throw shifter. Ford 8.8 rear end, Eaton Tru Trac limited slip, Moser 31 spline axles, FRPP 3.73's, FRPP diff cover/girdle. Longtube headders, O/R X pipe, flowmasters with 3" magnaflow tips. GT sway bar and Roush LCA's.

Crashed...

98 3.8 mustang - stock
l_shizzle_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Vehicle: 02 V6 with some stuff
Lamebook Twitter is ghey Linkedin is ghey XBox is the lame Don't come lookin for me
Send a message via ICQ to RyansQuick6 Send a message via AIM to RyansQuick6 Send a message via Yahoo to RyansQuick6

It's part of the starter, not a seperate piece. This ain't 1985 and lower lol.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

My 2004 F150 had a seprate solenoidthere Ryan. And yes I know about the one on the starter. But nevermind as soon as I got the car in the garage it started for me and I havn't had a problem yet. Thanks anyway
Old 04-01-2008, 06:57 PM   #5
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Vehicle: 02 V6 with some stuff
Lamebook Twitter is ghey Linkedin is ghey XBox is the lame Don't come lookin for me
Send a message via ICQ to RyansQuick6 Send a message via AIM to RyansQuick6 Send a message via Yahoo to RyansQuick6

Quote:
ORIGINAL: projectresto83

My 2004 F150 had a seprate solenoidthere Ryan. And yes I know about the one on the starter. But nevermind as soon as I got the car in the garage it started for me and I havn't had a problem yet. Thanks anyway
Is it a heritage or a new body style? My 98 has it on the starter AND the firewall, no clue why though, the firewall one is a piece-o-****, the slightest bit of mud gets on it and it's ruined, it overheats soooooooo easily, and since it's not a 99+ I can't put that pretty cover on it.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
projectresto83
M.A.D. Motorsports

Yea it was a heritage. Ford had their reasons for doing it.I haven't ever had a problem with my solenoids unless they are OLD! I am surprised not to see one on on the 98. But I talked to my brother who is a ASE certified tech and he said one of the relay's may be going bad.
Old 04-01-2008, 07:41 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1994, 2001, 2004, 98, diagram, ford, gt, located, location, mustang, replacement, selenoid, solenoid, soloniod, starter, v6