V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

car sponsorships???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:37 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

yea thanks. i should probably look local like you guys said. i think i could sell my car to some of these guys. besides the banged up hood headlight and bumper my car looks great at the last BIG show i was at i got a 19.75 out of 20 for my interior. the black paint is hard to keep clean but when i do shine it up omg it looks amazing. iv got the exhaust, hood pins, CAI and some other little stuff like billit interior peices and wire loom in the engine bay. i baby my car even though it is a daily driver with 98,000 miles on it it till looks amaizing. i just got word today from the guy i bought the car from he said he can get me cheap stock replacement parts for my accident stuff. then im going to get them painted to match and im going to try and get this window tint/ performance company to tint my windows and sponsor me, or at least im going to go sit down with them and talk about it
Old 11-12-2008, 08:42 PM
TurtleSLow
3rd Gear Member

carsponshorships.com accepted my car, but i didnt go thru with it

its like 80 or 90 bucks to go along with it, they want you to go to local car shows and spread the word about carsponshorships.com, i think they told me like 24 companies wanted to sponsor my car or something, they want you to put the part on and wear the decal and enter local car shows. and thats it supposedly
seemed to much like exterior stuff and not a lot of performance. and i didnt feel like dropping 90 bucks on it
Old 11-12-2008, 09:13 PM
03sixbanger
Ryan's Backup Mod

Originally Posted by RyansQuick6
I think you'd do better with an insurance company sponsoring your cars! lol Besides, your car has a hole in the hood, looks kinda beater to me j/j
lol same to you! and the new hood is awaiting paint

Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG
Did you forget to mention its slow ryan?
banned.
Old 11-12-2008, 11:43 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Originally Posted by 03sixbanger
lol same to you! and the new hood is awaiting paint
My twins are probably gonna be sponsored by my lawyer, whenever the hell that finally happens, and the 4.3 is gonna be sponsored by Visa! lol
Old 11-13-2008, 08:39 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Car sponsorships for large companies are over rated, and hard to come by for the average Joe to obtain, and the results are usually lack luster at best.

Most sponsors, especially performance sponsors, are going to require you to race at X number of events per year, and participate in X number of shows, so in short, you need a lot of free time, and money to do this.

There are several kinds of sponsorships, with different results, however the dream sponsorship of just getting stuff for free is very rare, and hard to come by. Most sponsors offer discounts for their products with full warranty, but that's about it.

In general to even be considered for sponsorship you have to have a nearly fully performing car, or know somebody. What that means is, you're gonna have to dump a load of money into the engine, drivetrain, in body just to be considered for sponsorships, problem is, at that point, you've already done most of what you can do.

For example, my mod list is fairly long, and pretty in deph, and if I choose to keep the 5.0, once I get the GT-40 parts on once the intake gets back from powerdercoating, I'll have a decently performing car, that has enough done to be "considered" for small sponsorships, however the body will still need to be done, however I could get a "buddy" sponsorship which is having a paint shop paint the car at a 15% discount, but again, just to get that I have to A.) know somebody, and B.) have a ton of crap on the car, and C.) attend several shows a year (which is very hard for me to do considering my schedual).

Now the good thing about some performance sponsorships, such as tires, oil/cooling products, and even detail products, is that they can save you a load in the long run, however, again, you have to have invested a nice sum of money into the car just to even be considered.

As stated, the best sponsorships are local from people you know, big site and big name sponsorships are rare, and don't deliver very good results.

Carsponsors.com is a total joke and does nothing but steals peoples money. Notice the cars that actually recieve full sponsorships on that site, they already have around $15000 or more invested in them, they're not stock, or even remotely close.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:45 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Originally Posted by fordforlife0225
yea thanks. i should probably look local like you guys said. i think i could sell my car to some of these guys. besides the banged up hood headlight and bumper my car looks great at the last BIG show i was at i got a 19.75 out of 20 for my interior. the black paint is hard to keep clean but when i do shine it up omg it looks amazing. iv got the exhaust, hood pins, CAI and some other little stuff like billit interior peices and wire loom in the engine bay. i baby my car even though it is a daily driver with 98,000 miles on it it till looks amaizing. i just got word today from the guy i bought the car from he said he can get me cheap stock replacement parts for my accident stuff. then im going to get them painted to match and im going to try and get this window tint/ performance company to tint my windows and sponsor me, or at least im going to go sit down with them and talk about it
Just for comparison, at my last huge show (scrapin the coast 07, couldn't attend 08) I got the following:

Exterior: 7 out of 10 (paint job is killing me, faded, but not extensively bad, but enough)
Engine: 10 out of 10
Interior: 10 out of 10
Suspension/Brake/Wheel: 5 out of 5
Audio: 3 out of 5 (now I'd get a 5 out of 5)
Detail 5 out of 5

In short I placed 3rd in the wild Mustang class out of around 18 cars that entered in that class. I have the pics up on cardomain if you wish to see them, but again, sponsorships are just plain hard to get, and even harder to maintain if you don't have a free schedule.
Old 11-13-2008, 09:15 AM
GermanyBert

You should marry a VERY rich VERY old lady.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:08 PM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Originally Posted by jthorn9
Just for comparison, at my last huge show (scrapin the coast 07, couldn't attend 08) I got the following:

Exterior: 7 out of 10 (paint job is killing me, faded, but not extensively bad, but enough)
Engine: 10 out of 10
Interior: 10 out of 10
Suspension/Brake/Wheel: 5 out of 5
Audio: 3 out of 5 (now I'd get a 5 out of 5)
Detail 5 out of 5

In short I placed 3rd in the wild Mustang class out of around 18 cars that entered in that class. I have the pics up on cardomain if you wish to see them, but again, sponsorships are just plain hard to get, and even harder to maintain if you don't have a free schedule.
Nice...
I think my car used to get more attention in the sound competitions I used to enter than anything. If it wasn't for school I would have been at the finals that year.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:05 PM
ezekiel90
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VCS_SSSTANG
Nice...
I think my car used to get more attention in the sound competitions I used to enter than anything. If it wasn't for school I would have been at the finals that year.
sound as in engine/exhaust sound? or audio
Old 11-13-2008, 03:25 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GermanyBert
You should marry a VERY rich VERY old lady.

hmmm i like that idea. to bad my gf aint rich or old.

Quick Reply: car sponsorships???