V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

car sponsorships???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 06:34 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

Default car sponsorships???

hey guys some of you may know that i got in a little accident last week and well i have no money now. i start my first job this weekend and that will go into repairing my car. but my car rly is my passion and i want it to stay that way. do any of you have any experience with sponsorships. i want to eventually get this car to the track but at the same time i want it to place up there in the car shows.

any companies and advice would be greatly appreciated. i rly dont know anything about the sponsorship business.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:51 PM
haystackstang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fordforlife0225
hey guys some of you may know that i got in a little accident last week and well i have no money now. i start my first job this weekend and that will go into repairing my car. but my car rly is my passion and i want it to stay that way. do any of you have any experience with sponsorships. i want to eventually get this car to the track but at the same time i want it to place up there in the car shows.

any companies and advice would be greatly appreciated. i rly dont know anything about the sponsorship business.
www.carsponsorships.com start there fill out a form see what they tell you
Old 11-10-2008, 07:57 PM
Vovovovan
3rd Gear Member

why would you want to turn your car into a rice rocket?
Old 11-10-2008, 08:57 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vovovovan
why would you want to turn your car into a rice rocket?
????
i want my car to preform well
Old 11-10-2008, 11:22 PM
haystackstang
2nd Gear Member

just cause he wants a show car doesnt mean it will be ricer and he wants performance as well. for example why do we put mufflers on our cars to make them louder when the muffler is supposed to do the opposite because we like the aggressive sound so its his car just let him decide what he wants to do
Old 11-11-2008, 02:06 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

exactly thank you i just dont have the money to do anything right now and i need a lil financial help
Old 11-11-2008, 02:08 PM
Vovovovan
3rd Gear Member

so point is, that they will build your car and you'll giving your permition to show it?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
JOE2391
2nd Gear Member

do they at least like ask you wat u want done and how and so its not ricey or do they just do it and w.e it is it is?
Old 11-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Xemeth
5th Gear Member

Good luck getting a real sponsor on a basically bone stock V6 Mustang.

Most sponsors won't bother giving someone money unless they see the car going somewhere. And by going somewhere it usually already has a lot done to it.

Also, you realize if they sponsor you you're going to have to race at X number of events every month, or attend X number of shows every month.

They have to get something out of it, too. They're not just gonna throw money at you.
Old 11-11-2008, 05:46 PM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

Local Sponsors are your best bet at the moment. Carsponsorships.com is a joke and just want your money. If you really are dedicated to show your car or race it, get some local mom and pop shop to start you off. Maybe a friendly exhaust company your friends work at, your mechanic? Even a friend with some extra cash who is in need of advertisement for whatever reason.

I have looked into this myself, but the cobra is lacking a few things before i would even consider it show ready. Going for best in performance, then best in show. And hoping to show it around the country with a friend of mine at Hot Import Nights.

Quick Reply: car sponsorships???