V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Some please help going broke and stang is dead

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 09:37 PM
mustangmoose

Default Some please help going broke and stang is dead

So i have a 2006 v6 mustang. Over the past few months my horn stopped working, then my rear defroster, then went my turn signals.....I got into looking around my car and noticed water somehow got into the passenger side flooded the floor and wiped out my sjb. Before i noticed all the water and my sjb was messed up i ignored all the other problems. I got my oil changed on saturday around noon and had them cut off my muffler and just run a straight pipe. It sounded great for the 4 hours it ran. Thats right the 4 hours then my stang threw every code in the book. Cam sensor postion, map sensor, and pending oxyagen sensors. I replaced the cam position sensor. My car is acting like its out of time and burning massive amount of fuel. When it idols it drops to about 500 rpm. When i drive it i step on the gas the rpm goes up and the stang just doesnt move. The check engine light remains on. Can someone please help me i replaced the smart junction box, cam postion sensor, I checked the compression and did a leakage test all came back good.......but nothing seems to work........All im doing is going broke i wanna give up
Old 05-20-2009, 10:05 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

well if it was working and then you changed something and now it doesn;t work, then undo the change go put your exchaust back on so it runs and doesn;t sound like **** anymore
Old 05-20-2009, 10:26 PM
ecuadorspimp
2nd Gear Member

and for all your parts that aren't working like defrost and etc., could be blown fuses. Just check them. Happened to me once. And yeah maybe try undoing whatever you had done like Ryan said.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:45 PM
mustangmoose

I checked all the fuses and the horn lights and etc started working once i put a new sjb in...........Second why should my mustang be the only one that cant run a straight pipe.......im confused btw its throwing a p0340 code and a p0106.....now i have misleading infor on the p0106 one site says its the map sensor and one says its the egr valve.....i didnt even know we had map sensors on are cars.....
Old 05-20-2009, 11:07 PM
ecuadorspimp
2nd Gear Member

Since your car is an 06, do you still have a warranty or after altering some stuff does it get voided?

P0106 - Barometric Baro sensor input to Slow responding - VREF voltage should (BARO) Pressure Sensor the PCM is monitored BARO sensor be between 4.0 and 6.0Circuit Performance and is not within the Electrical circuit volts calibrated value. failure PID reading is in Damaged BARO sensor frequency Damaged PCM

Position (CMP) Sensor the PCM can no longer CMP circuit short harness alterations, Circuit Malfunction detect the signal from to GND improper shielding, or the CMP sensor. CMP circuit short electrical to PWR interference from SIG RTN open (VR other improperly sensor) functioning systems CMP GND open (Hall may have intermittent effect sensor) impact on the CMP CMP misinstalled signal. (Hall effect sensor) Damaged CMP sensor shielding Damaged CMP sensor Damaged PCM

Don't know if that helps.
Old 05-20-2009, 11:08 PM
ecuadorspimp
2nd Gear Member

P0340 - Camshaft The test fails when CMP circuit open Harness routing, Position (CMP) Sensor the PCM can no longer CMP circuit short harness alterations, Circuit Malfunction detect the signal from to GND improper shielding, or the CMP sensor. CMP circuit short electrical to PWR interference from SIG RTN open (VR other improperly sensor) functioning systems CMP GND open (Hall may have intermittent effect sensor) impact on the CMP CMP misinstalled signal. (Hall effect sensor) Damaged CMP sensor shielding Damaged CMP sensor Damaged PCM
Old 05-20-2009, 11:52 PM
mustangmoose

Yeah it helps kinda........no i dont have a warranty i have 97000 on it already......grrrr......could it be a bad pcm? bad egr? bad iac? btw ive never changed the spark plugs......im running out of ideals....
Old 05-21-2009, 02:57 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

If its a 5spd I will buy it off ya, but only for a good price

-Eric-
Old 05-21-2009, 08:47 AM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

How about you tell us the whole story with the car, because there are only 2 people I know of that use that screen name or refer to a mustang with that name, one is a member with almost twice as many post as me, and the other is a guy that we ran off from another mustang site I was on for lying his *** off, and having some queer elvis lookin hair thing goin on.

How does someone put 97k on a car in less than 3 years????? Are people driving that thing in shifts?
Old 05-21-2009, 12:44 PM
mustangmoose

No bro so any help would be greatly appreciated......i work 58 miles one way from my job......so im putting 116 miles a day on my car.......u got the whole story on my car from the first post i posted......seriously if u dont wanna help then dont.....but seriously im so frustated right now and really dont need anyone being a smart a$$.........grrrrrr.......

Quick Reply: Some please help going broke and stang is dead