Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters
Sponsored by Optima Batteries

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 09-22-2009, 11:33 AM   #1
radlo420

Vehicle: 1998 ford mustang
Angry rear brakes dont work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i have a 98 V6/ about a year n a half ago i put in a new 7.5 junkyard rear end using my old brake compnutsnot compermising the calipers. now my e brake hasnt worked since then my rear brakes are like there not even there my car nose dives and its lowered 2 in so its not pretty when i have to slam my brakes. what could of made them just stop working? ive never had to add brake fluid ive bled them there is no leaking and when i pull the ebrake botl of the little cam looking things on the calipers get pulled all the way so i dont kno0 i need to get it fixed before winter . . . . . . . . . . .
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
radlo420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 12:00 PM   #2
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Vehicle: 02 V6 with some stuff
Lamebook Twitter is ghey Linkedin is ghey XBox is the lame Don't come lookin for me
Send a message via ICQ to RyansQuick6 Send a message via AIM to RyansQuick6 Send a message via Yahoo to RyansQuick6

I can't read aimlish, type in english, utilizing complete sentences and whole words and maybe I can help.
RyansQuick6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM   #3
brent4
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2002

^ x2...

Full L/T exhaust~SPEC Stg 2 clutch~3.73's w/tlock~SCT tuner~Rear Sway Bar~01 Cobra Front w/mach 1 chin spoiler~10th Anniversary 17" Cobra Rims~eibach lowering kit~6k hid headlights~tuned by Justin at vmp
brent4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 03:13 PM   #4
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Lamebook Twitter is ghey Linkedin is ghey XBox is the lame Don't come lookin for me
Send a message via ICQ to RyansQuick6 Send a message via AIM to RyansQuick6 Send a message via Yahoo to RyansQuick6

I'm guessing your rear calipers don't work, which is common for them to go bad after about 80k miles. Just go get some new ones, bleed your brake fluid, I'd recommend a full flush, and go ahead and get some new pads and have the rotors turned or replaced. That should do it.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #5
radlo420

forgive my typing skills im usin a blackberry and my thumb is twice the size of the key pad but thanks but how are they bad? can i just buy a rebuild kit n do them?? or is it worse?
Old 09-22-2009, 07:38 PM   #6
Fink
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999 Ford Mustang

Rebuild kits sometimes cost more than a new caliper. The calipers are probably seized.

Do what Ryan suggests.

Mods:
M112... nuff said.

Fcuk em if they can't take a joke
My M112 Build
Fink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 07:57 PM   #7
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Lately I've been hearing a lot of bad things about rebuild kits for those calipers, either nothing fits or they just don't work, it'll probably jsut be worth it to get some new ones. I think I paid about $80 for a pair and then painted them before I put them on the car.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #8
radlo420

where did u find them for 80 ive checked out all the places around my place and no one has a pair for less than 150 for refurbed??whats a good website to find them on?
Old 09-23-2009, 12:28 PM   #9
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Pepboys or Advance Auto Parts
Old 09-23-2009, 12:28 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
02, 1995, 1998, 2001, brakes, calipers, car, dont, ford, mustang, nosedives, properly, rear, work, working