V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Interior Color Swap

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2009, 09:24 PM
Azrael
2nd Gear Member

Default Interior Color Swap

I'd really like to have an all black interior with my car (especially with the custom paint job I'm having done soon). This tan interior just isn't working for me at all. I've got plenty of vinyl paint around, and have used it before with good results. I figure all of the trim could be hit with that. Then, the only things left would be the seats, both front and rear, the headliner (which my uncle does professionally), and the carpet. I'm not too interested in dying all of that stuff, so I'm wondering, what should I do?

I could sell/trade the seats over the winter and try to get some black ones (until I can afford Corbeaus). As for the carpet, I know there are replacement carpets around, so I could buy one of those. However, do I have any eaiser/cheaper options? My interior is nearly flawless aside from the driver's side floor mat, if it matters.

Last edited by Azrael; 10-15-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:34 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Find someone who wants to trade, find a wrecked car getting parted out or just save for some nice Corbeaus and call it a day.

I used dye on my carpet when I did my last fox body. Didn't turn out too bad.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:50 PM
Azrael
2nd Gear Member

Quick question on the Corbeau seats, what ones would you recommend? I like the Bajas since they supposedly absorb shock. The ride in the Stang could use any and all help possible.

Baja XP Seats
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

I did this very thing, still a work in progress but almost complete.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-g...rade-pics.html
Old 10-15-2009, 10:20 PM
fordforlife0225
4th Gear Member

junkyard. get it all. i think late model restoration will have the rest of what you need. why dont u save up and buy the tuner and tune that your car needs first before ur paintjob and interior swap. orrrrrr do as i am doing save up and buy the car u rly want.

a 99-04 black on black gt 5 speed. then u dont need to mod your six you dont need to swap ur interior. thats just what im doing cuz same as u i dont like my tan leather interior and im tired of pooring money into my six to make it even close to a stock gt
Old 10-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Azrael
2nd Gear Member

Ahhh, if only I had the money. Being in college, I've got 0 dollars most of the time. Plus, I don't have a job (trying to focus on grades). So, some day, yes, I will buy a GT or better. Until then, I just have to make the best with what I have. As it stands, I should be coming into some cash soon to do some more mods, and certain things I will be getting for free (paint and install for anything I buy).
Old 10-15-2009, 11:57 PM
ramoyer1
3rd Gear Member

i got my all black leather interior out of a 99 gt and it only cost me 300 bucks i got whatever i pulled out.I took everything so now my 01 has all black inside with a 460 audio system setup.I have a black on gray complete interior here it is cloth.
Old 10-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Azrael
2nd Gear Member

On another note, if I do get racing seats, what's the consensus on harnesses? I know that the main concern people have with them is the inability to move around (which is the whole point). I know Corbeau has the retractable ones that look pretty interesting. As for myself, I'd like the security of a 5 point Camlock.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:12 AM
HornyHornyHippo
5th Gear Member

If your friends with a sowwer/quilter i say just pull everything out, find some sick material that you havnt found in any other car and rewrap it.

I know some of my 240 buddies and i are goin in a on a group buy of these shirts to cut up and do the same with. Mine will be very minor, but il only put it on if it comes out good. http://www.lifeinthefreshlane.com/wp...ow-t-shirt.jpg
Old 10-16-2009, 01:17 AM
Azrael
2nd Gear Member

I'd say that's def unique. I like that idea. One of my friends works at a fabrics store and could probably do the work. I'll have to look into that. The general theme to the car will be checkerboard, and if I could find some checkerboard canvas for the rear seat, that would be awesome. Boy, I'm doing quite the job at spending money before I have it. Oh well, the car will be sitting around gathering dust until next spring anyway, and I should have some serious money to drop into it by then.

Quick Reply: Interior Color Swap