V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

BROKE HEAVY DUTY STEEDA REAR SWAY BAR

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 PM
Shaunmac9128
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by compdude97
It isn't about car control. On the street there are so many factors that you have no control over. What do you think will happen to your car if you hit an oil patch left behind from someones POS at 70mph?

It is plain stupid to be racing on the street.
I like I said, I wouldn't really go above 60-70 on a street race anyway, unless highway so either I hit that oil patch going 50mph or 60mph. Either way if its a big enough oil patch like your talking about for me to spin out in a straight line, I think it will happen pretty easily at 50mph too. Let me know the next time you hit an oil patch big enough to make you loose complete control of your car. Theres a million factors of how you could loose control of your car on the street being the most cautious driver ever. Like I said I am not advocating street racing though. I know plenty of roads in my town with over two mile stretches of nothing. No houses, cars, cops, just straight road. So if I want to line up with a buddy 0-70 just for fun, you have a problem with that? We're both retarded for racing on the street anyway right? so worst that happens is this world has two less retards according to you.
Old 02-23-2010, 06:30 PM
crzydrumer14
1st Gear Member

ha yep
Old 02-24-2010, 01:34 AM
neo8222
4th Gear Member

Having fun and being stupid are two different things. Racing on the street where you can (and most likely if you keep doing will) kill someone is stupid. Racing on a track where it is safe is fun. If you have an urge to push your car then bring it to a track.
YEP! so much safer!!

It isn't about car control. On the street there are so many factors that you have no control over. What do you think will happen to your car if you hit an oil patch left behind from someones POS at 70mph?

It is plain stupid to be racing on the street.
same thing that will happen when you hit a oil patch from a exploded engine on a track.... i've also seen FIRST HAND a LOT more engines explode at the track than i've seen all together on the road also i have hit a oil patch and spun out on the road you know how fast i was going? 10 mph. you wana go by the oil patch idea well doesnt matter HOW fast your going if you hit a oil patch large enough to get multiple tires there isnt a thing that can be done racing or NOT!

+1 to if you can not control a mostly stock vehicle within the realm of standard operating speeds you don't belong behind the wheel at all. now yes going up to 100+ on surface roads is unsafe and a terrible idea but a 0-60 run puts 15-20 MPH over limit depending on the roads. big deal get over it.

Down here when to local scene goes to race at high speeds we clear the interstate and block it off for a couple runs only people that can POSSIBLY get hurt are the racers them self, no one else

also i broke 1000 posts tonight YAY ME!

Last edited by neo8222; 02-24-2010 at 01:40 AM.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:06 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Freshening up your suspension before you put the new sway bar in would probably be a great idea.

In Sacramento the speed limit is between 45-55 on Sunrise and people race stoplight to stoplight only getting up to the speed limit. There are several spots that people can get up to 100+ easily and they all have limited view side streets.

Its still street racing and exhibition of speed and the cops out there dont play around with it.

Even if you chirp a tire by accident going over a speed bump you will get a ticket for exhibition of speed.

There are places to race and I dont think congested public roads are the place for it. I am not directing this any anyone, just saying in general.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:03 PM
neo8222
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by NeoTokyo
Freshening up your suspension before you put the new sway bar in would probably be a great idea.

In Sacramento the speed limit is between 45-55 on Sunrise and people race stoplight to stoplight only getting up to the speed limit. There are several spots that people can get up to 100+ easily and they all have limited view side streets.

Its still street racing and exhibition of speed and the cops out there dont play around with it.

Even if you chirp a tire by accident going over a speed bump you will get a ticket for exhibition of speed.

There are places to race and I dont think congested public roads are the place for it. I am not directing this any anyone, just saying in general.
different strokes for different folks, this is one of those subjects u can't really change someones perspective on. That being the case even though both sides have valid points. in general racing is not at all safe, hell driving a motor vehicle is not safe period if you want to get down to it but hey, life's short... live a lil
Old 02-25-2010, 02:13 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Man, rollin' out of bed isnt safe.

I do like cruising though and random blips of the throttle seem to please some and of course me.
Old 02-25-2010, 05:07 AM
Detailer_Dave
1st Gear Member

I would be willing to bet that the sway bar flexes slightly at the break location from normal driving. It is also right at the HAZ (heat affected zone) of the weld. If the area is not stress relieved (normalized) after welding, this failure could be a frequent occurrence.