V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

First Mods Plan

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 12:26 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Spend what you want. You only live once and if you don't spend it then someone else will get it and WILL spend it. Live for today because you never know what might kill you tomorrow. Enjoy your car / hobby. If it makes you smile then that's all that counts.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:31 AM
Future4.3LStang
1st Gear Member

THANK YOU!!!That is the kind of answer I was looking for!!
Old 07-05-2010, 12:38 AM
sonicx
speed'n

With all due respect OP... may i ask why aren't you doing this with at least a GT? Your dumping over 16K in an 11 year old car thats a v6? hmmm
Old 07-05-2010, 01:48 AM
ESG-642T
Buyer Beware

Originally Posted by sonicx
With all due respect OP... may i ask why aren't you doing this with at least 4valve? Your dumping over 16K in an 11 year old car thats a v6? hmmm
Fixed that... 2valves suck.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:49 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

And you think she'll be ok with you having an uber fast V6. Listen, before I was fired I made $15.42 an hour just 2 months ago, and I save a lot, however life has it's way of catching up with you, all the money I spent uselessly on my 5.0, I WANT IT BACK!!! But you know what, I was once young, ignorant, and couldn't be told anything myself, and now when I want/need that money most, it's not there, it's tied up in a 15 year old car that I can't even drive now.....Point here, think before you act, don't focus on what you "think" you want or need now, learn to look ahead, times change, things change, that's the point I'm trying to get across to you. As you get older that $12 will go less further and further to the point comes when it won't cover your needs. You may luck out and be making $15, or so an hour, but like I said, life has a way of finding you at the worst times.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:58 AM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

i knew you had to be a highschool kid. anyone older doesn't have the time to put together such an extensive wish list. lol

i agree with the majority here though. it won't be worth the money in the long run. if you want to blow your money and learn from your mistakes, then fine. when you get beat by a car that cost a fraction of what you spent, you will not be a happy camper. theres always someone faster.

btw...dump that 10k or whatever it is you said you had in a savings account for the time being so you can at least be earning a little interest.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:15 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Future4.3LStang
^ I don't really get your post..With Discounts and such the mechanical aspect of that list is 16K I already have a few things..And the rest of the stuff is just for looks..Which I just want I do not need it but want it..And isn't that the point to run 9's?
If your point is to run 9's, you've missed the mark by miles (or seconds). There is nothing really there to add much performance wise for the money you're throwing away. You have a lot of little parts that don't add up to much. Trust me, I'm all for spending money on the V6 to make them fast. I'd just suggest taking the right steps.

Also, if you post only looking to hear your ideas are right, save yourself the trouble in asking for help. There are a lot of racers/builders here willing to help get the right info into your hands so you can end up with the car you want.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:17 PM
SON1C
3rd Gear Member

How much does a tuner really help a v6 automatic? and what fuel should be used in a v6?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:32 PM
itsdaveonline
2nd Gear Member

Ill agree with everyone else here.

But in the end spending that much money on a v6 is probably not worth it. It'd just be more practical to buy the 2011 v6, you get 300 hp with a warranty and better mileage, but insurance would sure be a killer for you.

One of these days all the money you spent will kick your ***, if your 16 that car will likely not last long, if it gets wrecked somehow kiss your 11 grand+ in mods good bye. There are just so many things that can go wrong. The other day my buddy got his car stolen. Not trying to be a downer. But why not start out with a few mods and then go from there?
Old 07-05-2010, 01:45 PM
torchred02
3rd Gear Member

**** if i had that money id get a new 5.0 and just worry about insurance with a $12/hr job

Quick Reply: First Mods Plan