V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

2000 Mustang v6 Roush Should I buy?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 01:18 AM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

It depends on where you live and yes you can get full coverage, but it's a salvaged title so if something happens, you won't get the full value of the car if it were clean(I think 40 percent differential, but don't quote me on that). Here in Ca the rules SUCK. I just make it a point not to purchase a car that's been Salvaged(has to be checked out at dmv, visual inspections, etc... a real PITA). To each there own.

Last edited by JKs95stang; 07-17-2010 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:16 AM
LS WHAT
2nd Gear Member

I wouldn't buy a v-6 mustang or even that one if it was perfect. I bought my mustang because of the exhaust note, by far the best sounding car from the factory then any other even the chevy boys admits it as well. I see so many v-6 owners that when the new wears off, they wished they got the GT, as many here have seen posts that 6 owners want that GT sound & us GT owners tell them "it ain't happening" unless you buy a GT. My car runs so silky smooth and strong that this is going to be my last "sports" car, my next car will be a v-6 fusion if they're still around in 15-20 yrs and I'm still walking.
Old 07-17-2010, 07:37 AM
stangant
5th Gear Member

offer alot less and take it, petty much buying a junkyard car at this point. All that can be fixed up pretty cheap if you look in the right places. strip all the horrible off of it and you have a decent vehicle.
Old 07-17-2010, 08:10 AM
neo8222
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
As the owner of 1 of the 106 V6 Roush cars made in 2000 - DON'T BUY THAT PILE OF CRAP. I wouldn't even want it sitting next to my car.

It's missing a lot of the rare/hard to find/expensive Roush parts. Right off the bat it's missing the $380 exhaust tips and the out of production wheels (which originally listed over over $1,100 each). Also missing the graphics and logos Roush puts on.

Looking at the shift ****, the stick on fake chrome vents and how dirty that thing is, combined with knowing the guy blew the trans tells me that car has NOT been taken car of at all. Along with the $1500 buying price, you are about $6500-7000 away from having it back to 'nice and stock'.

Does it still have the Roush springs? Looks like not if I had to guess. Also missing the interior options that Roush does.

What's the Roush serial number? Are you sure it's real?????
that's what i was thinking, looks like someone took a base v6 and slapped a Roush body kit on it
Old 07-17-2010, 02:01 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LS WHAT
I wouldn't buy a v-6 mustang or even that one if it was perfect. I bought my mustang because of the exhaust note, by far the best sounding car from the factory then any other even the chevy boys admits it as well. I see so many v-6 owners that when the new wears off, they wished they got the Cobra, as many here have seen posts that 6 owners want that Cobra sound & us Cobra owners tell them "it ain't happening" unless you buy a Cobra. My car runs so silky smooth and strong that this is going to be my last "sports" car, my next car will be a v-6 fusion if they're still around in 15-20 yrs and I'm still walking.
For the record, stock GT's don't sound that good off the floor which is the reason the exhaust is changed almost immediately. I fixed your post for you, could you say GT ONE MORE TIME. The only Modular Motor worth buying is the 4v(most already know that), you are in the wrong section boasting about New edge v8's and you are Way off topic. Then you talk about a v6 fusion, thanks for the chuckle.

Last edited by JKs95stang; 07-17-2010 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:06 PM
ayrton02
4th Gear Member

I wouldn't buy a v-6 mustang or even that one if it was perfect. I bought my mustang because of the exhaust note, by far the best sounding car from the factory then any other even the chevy boys admits it as well. I see so many v-6 owners that when the new wears off, they wished they got the GT, as many here have seen posts that 6 owners want that GT sound & us GT owners tell them "it ain't happening" unless you buy a GT. My car runs so silky smooth and strong that this is going to be my last "sports" car, my next car will be a v-6 fusion if they're still around in 15-20 yrs and I'm still walking.
LS1 price = 2v GT price, but LS1 power > 2v GT power. Always.

Turleslow reminded me... his bolt-on 3.8 is as fast as 5 sp new edge GTs for about $2000 worth of parts. The 2v does sound great, but they aren't that fast.

edit... if you are talking about "stock" power... 4v or LS1 or GTFO. I like the LS1 because the OHV design is simple and relatively more inexpensive to mod than the 4v. Plus the aftermarket is still huge for the LS1. If I was outta college and had a real job, the v6 would be blown and built just to show the few GT 2-valvetards what's up. Unfortunately, it's the few 2v fanboys that screw it up for the rest of that crowd. Go to the 2v section if you've got nothin to say.

Back on topic, OP, I still stand firm... don't get the faux Roush. On second look, I too believe it's a fake. They should have some certificate or something on the car certifying it's a Roush. Matt (lilroush) would know, but he's already stated his opinion lol. Again, if you are broke, get a 5.0 and use it as a DD project car... a lil bit here, a lil bit there, give it a few years and it'd be a beast.

Last edited by ayrton02; 07-17-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 07-17-2010, 04:31 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Any word on the Roush serial number yet? It's a four digit number on a Roush tag inside the passanger door jam. There should also be a Roush build sheet with the car, saying the date is was done by Roush.

Hahahaha, thanks for the laugh. You bought the GT because it has the sweetest sounding factory exhaust. My V6 exhaust > stock (of modded) 2V exhaust. Owners like you are the reason I will not buy a new V8 Mustang ever, and why V8 Mustangs come and go from my collection and the V6 stays. I don't want people to think I'm that dumb.
Old 07-18-2010, 11:36 PM
TurtleSLow
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ayrton02
You're a rare exception Bolt-on for bolt-on, the GT is gonna win.
you pretty much pointed out the obvious. my point was total money spent on the car, you would have to be stupid to beleive the v6 would win bolt on to bolt on
Old 07-19-2010, 12:10 AM
ayrton02
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TurtleSLow
you pretty much pointed out the obvious. my point was total money spent on the car, you would have to be stupid to beleive the v6 would win bolt on to bolt on
Yes, I am Cpt. Obvious
Old 07-19-2010, 06:25 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Bolt on for bolt on forgets the over all cost.

Actually comparing $ for $, you can make the V6 win. Cheaper starting point leaves a lot of $ to add performance (comparing similar years) if you know what you're doing.

Quick Reply: 2000 Mustang v6 Roush Should I buy?