V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Ride comfort, why is mine crap?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:18 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

KYB's have a lifetime warranty, so it should cost you $0 to replace them
Old 07-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Xyron
1st Gear Member

Unless someone knows a parts store in orange county that sells anything besides standard brands like Monroe, I think I'm going to drive out to Brothers Performance in temecula tomorrow to pick up shocks to install this weekend.

So I'm pretty much limited to what they sell:
http://www.brothersperformance.com/p...26+Shocks.html

If I'm looking mostly for comfort, not performance, Should I get the KYB APX's($460+tax)? The Topiko blues($360+tax)?

Are the Tokico HP Series going to be pretty good as far as comfort go? Or should I get the APX's because they are adjustable? This is pushing my budget quite a bit.

And any advice about the springs?
I'm thinking about picking up these Pro-Kit
http://www.brothersperformance.com/p...g+Springs.html
to replace my sportline, and selling the sportline springs.

Thanks again for all the help guys, If I could get some last input on exactly what shocks/struts to buy and about these springs that would be great. I'd really like to get the parts and start on this tomorrow since I'm leaving next week on a roadtrip.
Old 07-22-2010, 06:36 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I have tokico hp's and they are fantastic... Such a great ride. I have gotten tons of compliments on how my car rides. I also have a progressive spring out back though. So that helps with ride comfort as well... Get the blues and be done with it. Unless of course you are lowered ike 2+ inches?
Old 07-22-2010, 06:42 PM
Xyron
1st Gear Member

I looked up some Eibach sportlines for my year mustang and it said it drops the front 2 inchs and drops the rear 1.8inchs, so unless there are more than one sportline model of Eibach springs then I have a 2 inch drop in the front and 1.8 inch drop in the rear

I belieive iirc that the eibach pro kits drop 1.5 inches so it would be half an inch less in the front and .3 in the rear. not sure if thats worth it or not?

Thanks again for the help! =)
Old 07-23-2010, 04:31 PM
Xyron
1st Gear Member

I wasn't able to drive to brothers performance like i intended to get the tokico blues.

now i'm thinking about getting the tokcio shock/strut and spring package, that way i can also replace the springs that only lower the car by 1.25 instead of 2". anyone have anything bad to say about the tokico shocks or a better suggestion?
Old 07-23-2010, 07:51 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

I'd stay away from the tokico springs, just get some Roush springs or something like that.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Xyron
1st Gear Member

I can't seem to find any roush springs for an 98 mustang, any idea where they are sold?
any reason to stay away from the tokico springs?

what about
ford racing?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/forac.html
or steeda springs?
http://www.americanmuscle.com/stspspagtand.html

Basically looking to change my 2" drop to something around a 1" drop and more COMFORTABLE! would rather have more comfort back over performance, but would like to keep some of the lowered look.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:31 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

FRPP and steeda are both good choices. The tokico springs just havent had good results
Old 07-23-2010, 09:33 PM
Xyron
1st Gear Member

Think one would be any more comfortable than the other? any handling difference? of the two i'd prefer comfort, but if they are both going to be the same comfort and one handle better than i'll take that one. although the ford's are $50 cheaper which is nice.
Old 07-24-2010, 01:02 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RyansQuick6
I'd stay away from the tokico springs, just get some Roush springs or something like that.
And what exactly is wrong with the tokico springs?

I run the tokico shock/strut/spring kit in my car and it rides like a dream. I constantly get compliments from people on how nice my car rides. I took my cousin for a ride and the first thing he said was "This thing rides nice".

The tokico "red" springs come with a #680 linear spring rating up front and a #250 "semi progressive" spring out back (stated directly from "Roy" at tokico performance in california)... I personally think this combo is ideal for daily driving while drastically increasing performance for the average joe.

I just don't understand why you would say to stay away from their springs unless you have personally had bad experiences or know first hand.

All i am saying is that I love mine. Bopiela in the other section just installed this kit as well and he loves it. If you dont like the tokico springs, that's fine. I just want to hear an explanation to why you say to stay away from the tokico springs.

Quick Reply: Ride comfort, why is mine crap?