V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

What is my 2001 Roush Stage 1 V6 worth?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 05:51 PM
01roushv6

Originally Posted by JKs95stang
The car is worth about 4k in it's current condition, if it's a real Roush. Pics, or GTFO.
Hey chump, I didnt start this thread as a for sale thread, just a general question about my sons car therefore I really dont need to post pics. "in its current condition"? Concerning this car you seem like an expert, so why do you need pics? You need to stay in your lane punk. "If its a real Roush"??? Are you kidding me? Do you really think that someone (I) would pose on here with a V6 Mustang regardless of the level of mods/ packages?

To all who answered with intellegence I thank you.

To Matt and whoever the pic moderator is above you two clowns make me laugh. Matt, keep polishing those 3.8 parts (nice truck engine BTW).... Might get you through the traps under 17 seconds someday.

Peace

M
Old 08-06-2010, 07:28 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 01roushv6

Cant imagine any options that it could have had other than leather that it doesnt have. My son is the 3rd owner and the car has been garage kept.

That was to my question. Ford options varied with the car. But Roush had options for the Stage 1 V6 cars. Many "Stage 1" are actually Roush Sport packages. What's the serial number?

The SPORT was the front end, side skirts, rear skirts and Magnaflow cat back / side exit exhaust. Cars also had the Roush window banners (front, sides and rear) and a Roush trunk lid badge. Options included carbon fiber dash trim, Roush floor mats, Roush pedals and billet *****, a Roush trunk mounted tool kit etc...

The STAGE 1 was all of the sport, but adds the rear wing (would be a four post wing in your year). The Stage 1 V6 also had 17" Roush wheels and the V6 drop suspension. The interior trim package was very common in the S 1 cars, but not all had them. Roush seat upgrades were an option after '01 for the S1 cars as well.

True, the car will be worth more if you had the original wheels. The value (or potential value) of the V6 cars is due to how rare they are. A 'complete' car will be worth more.

And as a side note, I'm pretty sure Matt (the OTHER Matt) is joking.

I'd be interested in pics just because it sounds like my car. From your description, the only difference is my started it's life with grey leather.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:48 PM
JKs95stang
4th Gear Member

Hey chump, I didnt start this thread as a for sale thread, just a general question about my sons car therefore I really dont need to post pics. "in its current condition"? Concerning this car you seem like an expert, so why do you need pics? You need to stay in your lane punk. "If its a real Roush"??? Are you kidding me? Do you really think that someone (I) would pose on here with a V6 Mustang regardless of the level of mods/ packages?

To Matt and whoever the pic moderator is above you two clowns make me laugh. Matt, keep polishing those 3.8 parts (nice truck engine BTW).... Might get you through the traps under 17 seconds someday.

Peace

M
You getting all upset like a little girl tells me EVERYTHING. Chump? Don't act tough guy, you know you're NOT. I won't even justify calling you out, ITS A GIVEN. The only CLOWN here is YOU, slightly amusing, but you're pretty much ANNOYING. Pictures justify your text, otherwise, you are just another NEWBIE with 5 posts. GET IT. PM me if you need a lesson in manners.
Old 08-06-2010, 07:57 PM
99'PEGASV6
3rd Gear Member

Peace

M

Well we ask for pics because you asked generally how much your son's car would be worth. For people who know and work around our type of cars, i'm pretty sure the pics would help make a price up, considering you've stated its had some problems. We know what parts go for how much in what condition and so-forth.

And believe it or not, there are a whole bunch of trollers that make unnecessary threads about BS here in MF hahaha.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:12 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

That and related to this:

"If its a real Roush"??? Are you kidding me? Do you really think that someone (I) would pose on here with a V6 Mustang regardless of the level of mods/ packages?
You'd be shocked at how many people 'fake' having a Roush - or any other rare car. The V6 world is bigger than one might think - and there are V6 posers. I only say that b/c I get several PMs on various forums from people calling me out and saying my car isn't real. I get sick of it really fast. I make no qualms about my car. I have the Roush serial number right in my sig. Pics make it look better than it really is, but it's been in races, events and shows all over the US - and many of the 'BS flag wavers' have had the chance to see it in person.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:45 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Dude who pissed in your coffee this morning?

1. Like lilRouch said there are tons of posers that try and make their V6 a Rouch 6.
2. Until you post pictures of said car there is NO way for us to make a honest assesment of what your "sons" car is worth. The car can be show quality, or it could look worst that a car thats been sitting in a junkyard for the last 10 years. You say its garage kept - THEN PROVE IT!
3. You said you "I didnt start this thread as a for sale thread" but just 10 post's above you say " $7000 will be the listed price if there is any interest from this thread". Which one is it????Noone, and I mean NOONE will buy your car - 1.without pics, and 2. Because you sir are a jerk.
4. I dont polish my "3.8 truck engine parts", I go out and play with them.

Please feel free to PM me, or JK if you feel like any part of this was not clear.

Thank you,
Matthew
Old 08-07-2010, 05:23 PM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

wow how did i go all day without seeing this? lol. 3.8 sections getting some action lately! but yeah, pics always help. Pics are just fun to look at in general. its always nice to see a well kept (jokingly) base model (as some GT fanboy would probably say) v6 just because we appreciate looking at them and appreciate the 6 cyl mustangs. not many people care enough to keep them nice. im sure no one was trying to attack you by suggesting some pics
Old 08-07-2010, 08:19 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Peace

M
damn man...a little harsh don't you think? nobody in here is personally trying to attack you or your car so im not sure where the attitude came from. regular members just like to occasionally joke around...no need to take it personally as im sure they didn't mean their posts to come off that way.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:42 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I really wanna see pics of this car. I wonder if it was owned by Matt P over on Fnsweet and 3.8Mustang. Sounds like his old car.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:46 PM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

kinda get the feeling that we arent going to find out....

Quick Reply: What is my 2001 Roush Stage 1 V6 worth?