V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Basic Mods

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 08:07 AM
GeneticBlue

Default Basic Mods

After I get the bodywork done, I am looking into basic mods for the car to give it some rumble and increase horsepower. You will have to forgive my ignorance, I am new to upgrading stuff.

I will post pics soon of what she looks like now, which isn't very nice. Until then, she is Black with stock 15s.

I want to put some sort of dual exhaust on the car. My main forcus is a horsepower increase, but I would like it to sound meaner as well...any ideas on brands or models?

The lighting will need to be replaced, and I was thinking of having a smoked front headlight...good idea? any good brand/models? Anything special I can do on tailights?

I am thinking of going with a set of 17" SVT Bullitt Wheels, Black with machined lip on a set of 255-40-17 Bridgestone Potenza RE760 tires. Also a set of Eibach Porkit springs to drop it some. The suspension I am wondering what to go with. I found some Bilstein HD stocks and struts, some Koni Monotube, Koni Twin LPG and some KYB AGX.....
Old 08-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Please use the search engine for the exhaust answer - sorry but that question gets asked just about ever day.

Smoked headlights are very popular around here - but also you have to think about how strick your state is on something like that. You dont want to spend $200 for headlights then get pulled over and ticketed for them. Same goes for the rears. You can smoke them but some people have run into trouble with the poe-poe.

SVT 17's are one of my fav rims Ford put out so you have thumbs up by me.

Matthew
Old 08-10-2010, 11:16 AM
GeneticBlue

Thanks for the info! I am new to this, so I will try and search around a bit before asking more. I app it!
Old 08-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

No problem. Sorry to be short. Ive been working on a rearend for the last 2 days and its testing me beyong what it should.

Matthwe
Old 08-10-2010, 04:33 PM
GeneticBlue

All good brotha! I think I juts settled on the Eiback ProKit Plus Lowering springs/Sway Bar combo. Should drop it down about 1.5" and I might get the damper set as well. Here goes 800$ +
Old 08-10-2010, 06:28 PM
ZGadson

Another thought for your headlights might be to get some Ebay headlights like this. They're not smoked, but the inside is black, so it blends in with the car better than the stock housing. These are what I plan to get eventually.
Old 08-10-2010, 06:46 PM
brent4
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GeneticBlue
All good brotha! I think I juts settled on the Eiback ProKit Plus Lowering springs/Sway Bar combo. Should drop it down about 1.5" and I might get the damper set as well. Here goes 800$ +
As far as exhaust goes search as stated before. The best exhaust setup IMO is Mac long tube headers, Mac h pipe(although I want an X pipe), and Flowmaster 40's (or the knock off version/cheaper Thrush Weld Series)

The eibach kit is a good choice.

(to save a bit of $$$) instead of getting the sway bar combo just get the springs, your dampers, and go to a junk yard found a 87-04 GT mustang and get the rear sway bar with all the bolts needed to hook it up.

Last edited by brent4; 08-10-2010 at 06:49 PM.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:00 PM
GeneticBlue

I just looked at those headlights and almost crapped myself. Im ordering them now and I think I'm in love!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:50 AM
GeneticBlue

Shipping on those lights are almost as much as the lights themselves. I wonder if there is another way to get them other than ebay

I decided on the K&N cold-air setup. 260 bones, but the reviews are all good with the exception of one. I am also going to need to start looking into caliper covers. I'm considering either the American Muscle version or the MGP setup. Both are bit pricey, but will hopefully make the brakes look better than they do now.

These are the wheels that I will be ordering in the next couple of days. For starting this out, I didn't want to go too big, so I am going to put 17" on it. I know the whole Torque Thrust look is a bit overdone, but I like it and think it will go well with a balck car...especially after getting repainted.

I am in the process of epoxy-coating my garage floor, so pics will come after I actually finish that project....which hopefully will be tonight after work.

More upgrade decisions coming soon!
Old 08-11-2010, 06:51 AM
GeneticBlue

apparently, I don't know how to add pictures on here correctly.....

I'm new to forums

Quick Reply: Basic Mods