V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

V6 Header LongTube / Full Length HELP

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 01:09 AM
2001V6VERT

Question V6 Header LongTube / Full Length HELP

hi all....

2nd post, the 1st post was in the Welcome area !!!!!!

hi there its me again, been a while but i have a question for you...

i have a 2001 mustang v6 3.8 convertible auto.. im looking to Header it with Long Tubes and H-Pipe and a full back MAC exhaust...

ive been looking at the MAC LT HEaders for a while now... but from my ordering call the other day the guy at MAC said that the Long Tubes that they have will not fit cause its a Convertible.

He told me to goto pacesetter, sooooo i call and talked to tech dept at pacesetter and they have a long tube header that will fit my ride !?! it must be a different design .... anyone here install the MAC ones on your Convertible ????????

next problem is that pacesetter only makes a x-over and i want an O/R H-Pipe so i might have to get that custom built..

and i scored a 2.5 inch MAC Ceramic full back exhaust all welded and bolt on tail pipes that are chrome... the guy needed to go to a 3" due to power he was pushing and wanted a bigger look all the way back so he sold it to me for 100$ lol

i ended up getting a GT rear bumper for cheap and had it reshot to match the car, and its installed, just looks goooooofffyyyy with the single exhaust right now... lol but its a work in progress

i got a set of fog lights from a friend for cheap and i made a complete wire harness and got them running yesterday.. and looks great, and also scored a hood scoop from a local garage from a smashed up GT and that now sits proud on the VERT ! ;-) im waiting for the Side scoops to come in, brand new OEM from ebay for $ 20 .. another great score !

so considering that this seems to be the BEST MUSTANG PLACE on the WEB ;-) im open to any information that you may have with my delimea with the LT headers.... and i was also thinking about a cam replacement like this.. stock heads and a tune http://www.compperformancegroupstore...ORD466Cams3842

i respect all your thoughts ! and thanks for any help in advance !

wayne rigley
waynerigley@gmail.com
Old 08-16-2010, 07:47 PM
TurtleSLow
3rd Gear Member

it sounds like you have a very nice plan for the car, it should be very nice after a cam and a tune and longtubes. the mac catbacks sound great too. for the headers, im not sure exactly either i have read a few threads about people wondering why they wont work on verts and why pacersetter says theirs do work, if no one can answer on the MACs working for you then i would go ahead and trust pacesetter and get their set, i cant remember if the MAC O/R h pipe will bolt to the pacesetters, the pace setters might have a 3 bolt flange instead of a 2 bolt flange like the MACs do, but im not 100% positive. i would try and get ahold of someone at pacesetter and ask if their header will bolt up to a mac h pipe