V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Recently Painted... Pics!

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:45 AM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Not my choice for paint jobs but looks good non the less...needs new rims

Matthew
Old 10-28-2010, 12:25 PM
03shadow
5th Gear Member

like the stripes! looks to be a good paintjob. congrats on a project done!
Old 10-28-2010, 02:19 PM
sonicx
speed'n

I really like the hood! The sides look awsome although it's not my liking because it reminds me of a monte carlo pace car (just different, not in a bad way). But its awsome because i've never seen it done like you have it & because of that it's kinda growing on me a bit. Now you need some flashly chrome wheel. I think then the sides would "pop".
Old 10-29-2010, 04:10 PM
joe610
1st Gear Member

^^^^ i thought that monte carlo thing when i saw it too, not my cup o tea but to each his own, looks good overall, kudos to you and your friend for being able to paint like that too XD good job all around
Old 10-29-2010, 04:45 PM
haystackstang
2nd Gear Member

nice job take alot of time an patience i paint and do body work its a bitch heres a mustang i did

Old 10-29-2010, 04:47 PM
haystackstang
2nd Gear Member

subaru blue i alon have 60 hours of prep and paint not including bodywork fiberglass and metal work
Old 10-29-2010, 09:16 PM
jpacetti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by haystackstang
nice job take alot of time an patience i paint and do body work its a bitch heres a mustang i did

Yours looks real nice. That is a great shade of blue. Your right it is alot of f***ing work. Most don't understand how much goes into doing a project like this... and the cost of good paint. For me it took 2 full weeks, was supposed to be done in 1, 12 to 14+ hrs a day every day to get mine done. I will probably never get the chance to do it again so I wanted to go all out and do something almost nobody else has. The racing flags really do stand out and grab attention and that's what I wanted. You can't get it from the pics but when your standin there and can see everything reflected in them it looks awesome. The racing stripes are made from Dry Pearl, and have a ghost effect, instead of just being painted on. Just need to get a nice set of rims for it now and the show stuff will be done. Although I drive this every day I would like to take to some shows and put it on display. Anyways I'm just glad you liked it.
Old 10-29-2010, 10:06 PM
joe610
1st Gear Member

mmm that blue is sexy, haha, it does look pretty good thought even though im not much for the racing flags, a good job all around
Old 10-29-2010, 10:21 PM
haystackstang
2nd Gear Member

ty and yes this car took aproximately 5 months for all the striping rust removal 4 coats primer block sanded every coat then sealer wet sanded with 500 then laid the white for the stripe then retaped 3 coats blue metallic 2 wet coats of clear and then color sanded all the orange peel out and buffed but shes amazing
Old 10-31-2010, 07:23 PM
jpacetti
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by haystackstang
ty and yes this car took aproximately 5 months for all the striping rust removal 4 coats primer block sanded every coat then sealer wet sanded with 500 then laid the white for the stripe then retaped 3 coats blue metallic 2 wet coats of clear and then color sanded all the orange peel out and buffed but shes amazing
We color sanded mine to. Not just to get out the orange peal but also to erase all the ridges created by the stripes and racing flags. 6 hours alone in sanding just the stripe edges. I'm sure with yours being an older model the body work must have been worse. But I put on a really thick 3 coats of primer before I started to block sand. So when we put on the the second coat of primer all we had left to do is wet sand it with 400. But the block sanding took 2 weeks oof a couple hours at night till I got the time to dedicate then it still took another 2 and half long *** days to get it all done right including the last coat of primer. Trying to sand off all the guide coat became a real pain in the a**.

If yours went anything like mine it was a bunch of head aches and things going wrongto work out. If there ever is a next time I think a solid color would be great or no more than two tone. Do you plan on taking yours to any shows?

Quick Reply: Recently Painted... Pics!