V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Present on my door step today! Roush Alcon Brake p0rn

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2011, 07:53 PM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

If you can get good pics that justify there quality those look nice. I can't see anyone making knock offs they actually say roush on them. Just asking for a huge lawsuit and prob *** kicking
Old 02-11-2011, 06:33 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Yeah, they are the real deal.

Unless I can find a good deal on 95R's, 98 Cobra's or just FIND Ford Y2K's then these are pretty much my next best bet being that there seems to be a few sets around, I just didnt want Chrome because of the weight.

I was also looking at Gram light wheels, the 57F's.
They are Ugly but are only 17.5lbs in a 18x9.5" wheel.

Here is the thread I found them in, did a little research on them and they are fairly decent rims. Not unilug either, the extra holes are for lightening as far as I can tell from pics.
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...ht-forged.html

Here are some more pics of black Roush wheels, these arent the wheels on ebay just what I found on SVTP. The quality in the finish isnt very smooth so I am guess someone paid for them to be coated.

I asked the last owner where he got them or if he did the coating, I will tell you guys what he says.

Last edited by NeoTokyo; 02-11-2011 at 07:25 AM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Itz_Gizzy
2nd Gear Member

Those look insane dude. I'm so jealous
Old 02-11-2011, 03:51 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Yeah they do look great, but thats not why I bought them - well a little bit.

I wish the Calipers were lighter though, they are heavier than the Brembo's.
I just gotta reduce weight elsewhere. The Gram light wheels will match my current wheel weight but the tire weight will exceed my current wheel weight by 3-4lbs per tire. depending on the brand.
Old 02-11-2011, 03:58 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

OF course ths Hoosier A6's are the same weight as my current tires (24lbs) so I might have a second set for AutoX to save on weight. At least there my wheel and tire weight will be the same.

I guess later down the road if I start getting really deep into AutoX and OT (This is my first season after all) I might go for some stupid light wheels around 14lbs or so but I just dont have the money or the WILL to spend that kind of money for wheels yet.
Old 02-11-2011, 04:01 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Ok, I got a message back from the guy on SVTP that had those black Roush wheels.
A speed shop that went out of business did the powder coating.
Old 02-11-2011, 07:31 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

The S197 version have the wrong offset. Those do come in black as an option from Roush (Trak Pak set).

Many sets of the chrome wheels for SN95s were stripped and powder coated by owners when Roush only offered chrome in the 03/04 wheels.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:01 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Yeah, I know the offset isnt right but for some reason some places are are saying the S197 fronts will work without a space but I checked the offset and backspacing and it isnt right, it will rub.

Unless they are talking about 03/04's because of the notch in the front frame rail I just cant see it working without rubbing.

Matt; Did you end up buying the four corner Alcons from that guy?

If anyone wants the same kit that I have the guy in Florida still has them for $1100, just PM me and I can give you his phone number.

He doesnt have paypal so you will have to meet him or have someone down there meet him, I was going to pay Matt for his time so if you have someone pick them up you should at least kick them $100 dollars for their time.

This kit is the discontinued Stage 3 Performance kit that was $1100 so he is just trying to get his money back out but the kit isnt around anymore so it is for sure worth it.
Too bad they dont make the kit anymore.

Matt has a line on some a little cheaper than that too that are lightly used.

To put this kit together yourself would cost more than what he is asking for his $1100 dollar kit plus shipping and gratuity to anyone that goes and picks them up for ya and thats with used B Calipers.

Last edited by NeoTokyo; 02-11-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:00 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Ok, the black ones I found are this offset and backspacing.

The 18x9 with 28mm offset and 6.06" Backspacing

The 18x10 Rims have 44mm offset

He said that being that they are for the 03/04 that I will have to notch the upper rail just like what is factory on the 03/04.

Matt do you know if thats right or are these the S197 version?
Old 02-12-2011, 02:11 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Looks like the Chrome 18x10" wheel is a heavy beast coming in at just a tick over 28lbs.
I dont know the fronts yet but I am sure they are close.

Quick Reply: Present on my door step today! Roush Alcon Brake p0rn