V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

My future build plans

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 05:13 PM
The grey beast
2nd Gear Member

Default My future build plans

Now here is just a list of some future build plans i have in store for my stock sixxer:
-Exterior= Saleen body kit, bullitt rims with wider tires, some new hood (suggestions?), mach 1 grille delete, tail light blackouts, quarter window scoops, possibly rear window louvers
-Exhaust= Still in process of figuring it all out, but am planning on doing Mac longtubes with an o/r h-pipe with SLP loudmouths
- Engine=BBK throttle body, some type of CAI, SCT tuner
- Interior= Bullitt pedals, possible racing seat, new floormats and other little odd end things

******If you would like to suggest any tweaks please feel free to do so!

Last edited by The grey beast; 05-28-2011 at 12:30 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:37 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Welcome to MustangForums.

Thats a good bit of stuff you want to do.

For a hood, you cant go wrong with a 95R style.
If you go with Bullitt's then go with 18"s, I think the 17"s look a little too small for the style.
I am not a huge fan of the Saleen body kit, so not much to say there but I do like the side skirts.
Mach 1 Grill delete is a must.
Not a fan of 1/4 window scoops, louvers or blacked out tail lights unless your talking a light coating of nightshade.
Good Exhaust choice but High flow cats are STRONGLY recomended, the SLP's will be poppy too so it depends if you like that or not. Buy your catbacks used so you can swap around without spending much money.
As far as seats go, 05-12 seats fit our cars too, you might want to look for some Boss302 seats on Ebay if you really want racing seats. There is a guy on SVTPerformance that has sold a few already for around $1000 with the air bags. You could always remove the air bags and sell them to recoupe some money.

BBK Throttle body is a waste of money unless you have other supporting mods like ported upper and lower, posts removed on upper, ported heads, cam, more cubes.

The stock 60mm is good for now.
A windstar swap is a better idea, then you can use a GT 65mm TB.

The Windstar Swap would take care of your CAI needs and larger TB needs. The kit can be purchased at VAPAuto.com

You get 7rwhp, 15ftlbs from the mod (Plus you lose a bunch of weight) and those numbers are without the 65mm TB. The GT TB is a little more than the standard TB but a worthwhile upgrade because of the modification to it.

If you port your lower intake and port match your heads you will have even a better gain.

Let us know when you start buying stuff, show it off to us.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:21 AM
The grey beast
2nd Gear Member

I've heard alot of people saying they dont like the saleen kit, idk i really just like the rear bumper, think it looks sweet....but i have thought i might just go with a termi front bumper, then go with just a gt rear....and how much do the slp's pop? Would you suggest a different cat back system? I was considering just going with a Mac catback system with Flowmaster 40's

Last edited by The grey beast; 05-28-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-28-2011, 11:27 AM
The grey beast
2nd Gear Member

And when you said he sold the seats with the bags...that means he took the all the airbags out of the car and sold them too correct? anyway i can get the seats without the bags?
Old 05-28-2011, 11:50 AM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

The Boss302 seats have side impact air bags.
Ford Racing has the same seat but without airbags but for some reason they are holding off on them.

For the exhaust, I suggest checking out YouTube to hear what they sound like.

For the Saleen Body kit, dont let me or anyone else decide what you like for you. My opinion is that the only thing good about it are the side skirts but thats just me.

If you like it, you should go for it, they are just body parts and swap out easily.

Flowmaster 40 2 chambers sound very good.
Old 05-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Cinn
1st Gear Member

Saleens don't look bad in my opinion I kinda like them just don't pay a lot of money on everything just to make it look like it is a stock saleen off the lot ya know?

After my first wreck it ripped out the stock exhaust setup (AC sport side exhausts) so we fitted and bent our own piping and added 2 cherry bomb mufflers and they were loud and angry sounding. Everyone swore my car was a v8 still to this day since I took the emblems off they ask me if it is a v8. Especially when I floor it and it downshifts (automatic ). I listened to all the other styles online and only one that came close to the sound was the borla and that was close but no cigar to me as far as deep angry tone.

Now since the new body kit has holes out the back instead we ran new pipes out the back and reused the cherry bombs with no problem and I still hear them over my two 12 inch subs in the back with my windows rolled up lol.

Sounds like it is gonna be good lookin and one more v6 to s*** on them lame v8's that say v6's are a womans car.
Old 05-28-2011, 01:05 PM
The grey beast
2nd Gear Member

Thanks bud, im hopin it is sick looking and great sounding when its all done, im pretty well set on the rims now, anthracite bullitts, 18's. most other stuff is still adjustable, and will be of course, once i get the money ill have it figured out im sure
Old 05-28-2011, 06:51 PM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Cinn
. Everyone swore my car was a v8 still to this day since I took the emblems off they ask me if it is a v8. Especially when I floor it and it downshifts (automatic ). I listened to all the other styles online and only one that came close to the sound was the borla and that was close but no cigar to me as far as deep angry tone.

Sounds like it is gonna be good lookin and one more v6 to s*** on them lame v8's that say v6's are a womans car.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:44 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

uh,..... yeah....

It may sound good and have a decent low RPM tone but its never going to sound like a V8. People may mistake the volume as being a V8 but the tone will never be close.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lQX3...D5A6914214809C

No where close my friend.

My wifes 01' Cobra sounded even meaner, just minus the SC whine.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:49 PM
7gtthrilla
2nd Gear Member

Exhaust sounds good to me along with everything else. I like saleens just fine but i think it would be taken more seriously and more of a head turner with the termi front and back on it, but that's my opinion. Good luck!

Quick Reply: My future build plans