V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

AC help

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2011, 09:20 PM
relax4

Default AC help

Hey people , new here. My ac and heater blows heat only,no matter where i turn it, read it could be the blend door ,or.....could some one tell me where it is located? I have a 2001 Mustang 3.8 v6. Trying to fix myself kinda newbie to car repair but am mechanically inclined. : }
Old 07-17-2011, 11:19 AM
relax4

Default A/c help

I fixed it,yes i did. The mechanical lever was disconnected,just hanging there.Bolted it up and woohoo i have ac or heat! Does not come out of vents now so any help with that would be appreciated.works in all other positions and was working.
Old 07-23-2011, 06:07 PM
steiner_5000

What do you mean by mechanical lever? Where was that located? Im having the same problem in my 93 so maybe this would fix it.
Old 07-24-2011, 08:25 AM
relax4

Default A/C help

If you take out the radio or the take the center vent part out,you will see in the lower part of the plenom,there is a whiteish ,grey colored thing (kinda looks like a thought bubble). The plenom has a lever coming out of it and the whiteish,grey thing actually fits in the groove on the back of it,you will see where it is, i guess screwed on(mine was not screwed on). It has a "H" at the top and "C" at the bottom on the front of the thing.Make sure your temp thing is all the way to heat when you snap it on and the whiteish grey thing It is cable driven, so if you just put it on,you can actually get it to work and see it switch. Hope this helps, Tried to be discriptive as possible. I also had a vacuum line off so i wasn't getting a/c to vents, which just had to be put back on silver canister thing. Good luck.