V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Not your average interior swap

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 10:33 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NYstang
Lookin good!

Just curious.... why didnt you go with a 98 console/other parts? Same as the 99-00, but factory black.
I did. Look a page or two back and you will see the mods I did to the ashtray.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:05 AM
alanhoggard

Great! Thanks a lot!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:55 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Here's a few more updates for those following my swap. I finally got the pass. seat put back together and in the car. Then I had to tackle my floorboards and finish up the loose wiring. It ended up being quite a big job when I added in all the engine work and maintainance that needed to be done. So, without further ado, here are some pics.

I'm quite happy with the seats I ended up with. I still like the look of black leather, but I think these match the interior well.

Next up, I'm going to deal with this:

I'll get all that wiring straped down and properly routed and then I get to deal with my infamous headliner...

It's going to be super weird to have a dome light after all these years.....
that and a big *** pony too!!!! ha ha.
Well, thanks for following my progress.

Hey, did I forget something??? Hmmmm.....

Oh yea! I was gonna show you my interior.

Well, maybe next time.....

Kidding, I kid.
So, long overdue, here is the results of my beat-around-the-bush, take-too-damn-long, by-hook-by-crook, interior swap. Life kicked me in the ***** a few times and I really never thought I would get this done. I figured it would just stay a fraken-mobile for all time. Now by the magic of the interwebz, please join me in a time warp.
2006:

2011:

It's hard to believe it's the same beast.......
Old 10-28-2011, 09:32 PM
stangant
5th Gear Member

what steering wheel did you go with? How was it at mounting, I have been thinking about the same thing as I no longer have air bags and it has turned into a little bit of a race car and not a DD.
Old 10-28-2011, 10:14 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stangant
what steering wheel did you go with? How was it at mounting, I have been thinking about the same thing as I no longer have air bags and it has turned into a little bit of a race car and not a DD.
I went OG with it!!! Grant all the way!! It's the only proper choice for a old-school inspired rod. Putting on the wheel itself wasn't too bad, but the wiring for the horn & airbag were horrible pains in the ***. I do still have the scematics though, and can help you with it. As far as the DD turning into a racer, join the club!!! Mine has became almost unreasonable in the city. I coast at 35 mph without touching the gas, I have to drag my damn brakes everywhere just so I don't speed.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:04 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Exactly one month to the day, I have an update. Finally got around to putting in my headliner. I had to work around holiday schedules and the lack of a helper. From original idea, to concept art, to installation only took....... 2 & 1/2 years! Ha ha, I should work faster, huh?

For anyone that has been around long enough to remember my first poll, I think it was unanimous "pony only". So, as you can see I went completely against that!!! Thanks for the votes though, and as a side note, I decided to do the same graphic on my rear seat delete (when I get it built.....). I decided to do it "pony only" so that the two pieces would be different. So, that is the real reason I put the flag on this.
Old 12-03-2011, 08:11 AM
Pinhancos04

Default B&M

Hey i was looking into the Hammer shifter myself, did you run into any install problems with the V6? other than the tight squeez with the over drive...
Thanks
Old 12-03-2011, 01:43 PM
mustang99v6
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Pinhancos04
Hey i was looking into the Hammer shifter myself, did you run into any install problems with the V6? other than the tight squeez with the over drive...
Thanks
Define problems?? Nah, I mean it's a tight install if you leave your console in. You'll have to have nimble fingers and patience on your side, lots of little tight areas. But, it's no more frustrating than installing a stereo system. You will need a second person though, when it comes time to adjust the ratchet. You will have to be under the car, and someone will have to be in the car shifting it. Good luck on your install.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:00 PM
sjpark

wow. amazing.

What kind of paint did you use?
Old 02-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Matt's 95 Stang
Resident Ginger

Great job. I dont think I would do some of the same things you have done but thats the beauty of moding cars. Everyone gets to do something diffrent and as long as you like it thats all that matter. Keep up the GREAT work.

Matthew

Quick Reply: Not your average interior swap