Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters
Sponsored by Optima Batteries

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-26-2012, 12:24 PM   #11
chavostangV6
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000,Ford,MustangV6

oh yea i talked to the guy at a smog shop that i trust. he said P&P, strokers, wider throttle bodies, exhaust system like duals(as long as the have cats. and mufflers) or something more extrem as long as they have an E.O. number the are emission approved. things like tuner and chips that arnt from the factoy presets have to be turned off before smog testing...

and the clucth i figuered they be more tuchie.. i burned up the CF clutch on my mustang wasnt aware it had it on there when i was driving it thought it need to be adujsted or thought that was how ford made them till i looked at the clutch...
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
chavostangV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:41 PM   #12
neo8222
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 Mustang V6

I know with the SPEC aluminum flywheel you can run a pre-01 Mustang GT clutch so I would assume that the same would go for the SSM flywheel. That being the case I would say get a ACT, Exedy, or Fidanza kit. I've not tried ram or zoom before but in my Subaru I have a ACT now and my god it is MILES ahead of the SPEC.
2000 Mustang - RIP
2001 Mustang GT - RIP

Current Car: 2002 Subaru WRX - STI Swapped

neo8222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 05:53 PM   #13
chavostangV6
1st Gear Member

hope so ive notices parts listed better prices for v8 then 6'rs. never heird of act. waiting on refund of the stock fly & pulley from ssm
Old 05-30-2012, 08:58 PM   #14
chavostangV6
1st Gear Member

well i know theres not any care here but just found out that SSM uses the same fly wheel from spec.... paid more for a product then i should have.... think hes just a middle man sucking up cash for.... idk pe'd off... idiot i em.... learnd that hard way, buy direct or new save more money instead of paying someone else to do it for you... i looked at all these parts, execpt the pistons, and was better cost at the end would have more cash in my pocket...and would have the products alot sooner and maybe would have the car running by now!!!!
Old 05-30-2012, 08:58 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2000, 2004, 43l, alum. flywheel, base, clutch, cylinder, flywheel, ford, head, kit, mustang, rwhp, stroker, t-lok, timing, v6