V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Lowering Question!

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 12:23 PM
99'PEGASV6
3rd Gear Member

Default Lowering Question!

Hey guys,

Long time no see. I'm still alive, didn't go anywhere but i've finally bought the parts to lower my car. Ive searched forums and post questions and get no responses so i might as well make a new thread.

H&R springs
Tokico Hp shocks/struts
MM caster camber plates
spring isolators

so ive found Ryan's how-to
https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-1...our-stang.html

1) Is ryan missing any info or is it as straightforward as that (ie. tool size, any tips, or whatever.) He's pretty much on his game I believe though.

The last post in the thread, I quoted mustang99v6;

Originally Posted by mustang99v6
Hello all. Great write up ryan. I hear you on the washing hands/pics part. That's why I haven't done a write up yet. I think you left a little info out though. When you lower the car and inch or more, you need to change the length of your sway bar endlinks. It's also a great time to switch to urethane bushings(if that's your style). Kill 2 birds with one stone, go to autozone and buy energy suspension endlinks. They come with red urethane already on them. I bought the same links from an online retailer and had to buy a bushing kit separate. cost twice as much as the local components. Only diff. is that you just need to measure the local ones for the length you need vs. the guy on the phone gives you a part number.

----------------------------

Could anyone tell me if it's necessary to change the length of your sway bar endlinks? Could anyone expand on that?

Also as far as caster camber plates, doesn't really show what spacers go where, i'm clueless tbh.

keep in mind, I don't know much about cars, which is why I come to you guys when I have a problem or if i'm replacing something !

Thanks fellas!
Old 11-23-2012, 02:10 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I've NEVER changed the length of my sway bar end lengths when dropping a car.

I'd have to go out and look at my MM plates to tell you for sure.
Old 11-23-2012, 04:39 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

His write up is pretty much dead on. If anything is off, it's only a minor tid bit and you'll see what needs to be done instead.
Old 11-23-2012, 05:36 PM
99'PEGASV6
3rd Gear Member

Alright great thanks for the quick responses fellas. Going to get to work doing it tomorrow morning.

lilroush did you finally end up selling your new edge roush? and I look forward to your spacer response.

thanks fellas
Old 11-23-2012, 05:59 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Yeah, it went away several months ago. Finally down to the '98, the Mach 1 and the modded Explorer. Might be looking to sell the Explorer and pic up a CTS or something similar for 'her' car. And I'm on the hunt for an SVT Contour.

I was gonna peak under my fender for your spacer question but forgot....and now it's dark. Here's a link that might help you....

http://www.americanmuscle.com/caster...s-install.html
Old 11-23-2012, 06:04 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Yeah, it went away several months ago. Finally down to the '98, the Mach 1 and the modded Explorer. Might be looking to sell the Explorer and pic up a CTS or something similar for 'her' car. And I'm on the hunt for an SVT Contour.

I was gonna peak under my fender for your spacer question but forgot....and now it's dark. Here's a link that might help you....

SVT Contour......WHY??????

I bought my wife the 2011 V6 Mustang, why not get "her" the same thing. I find them great for a "her" car. Great power when I want to drive it, but gives "her" the cool factor and MPG she needs lol.
Old 11-23-2012, 11:29 PM
99'PEGASV6
3rd Gear Member

Oh wait.. I bought these not MM CC plates

http://www.americanmuscle.com/4cacapl.html

It's prolly the same instructions though right? Though idk if you still have to drill the hole?

thanks fellas

Last edited by 99'PEGASV6; 11-23-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:27 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jthorn9
SVT Contour......WHY??????

I bought my wife the 2011 V6 Mustang, why not get "her" the same thing. I find them great for a "her" car. Great power when I want to drive it, but gives "her" the cool factor and MPG she needs lol.
She wants a four door... so a Mustang is out for her.
I want something a bit more roomie for work that she can drive it she has to. That way the Roush can be a full out track car.
Also trying to save money for a Roush RS next year, so a couple of 'cheap' cars in what fits the bill right now.
Old 11-24-2012, 07:35 AM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

I just went back and re-read my how-to. It's been a long time since I've looked at it. It's only been 2 weeks since I've installed a k-member and redone the front suspension on a stang lol

I wouldn't worry about the end links. I've never bothered with it and I've never heard of any issues. For the CC plates, I actually ran out of time to install mine so I had the shop do it. Unfortunately the shop I use for my alignments and stuff is VERY good, and you have to set an appointment weeks in advance, so I couldn't wait a day extra to install them myself and then take the car in.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 AM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Originally Posted by LilRoush

If you sell that exploder, you know who wants those roush rims!

Quick Reply: Lowering Question!