V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Cherry bomb? or flowmaster

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2012, 03:53 PM
Michael Perin

Default Cherry bomb? or flowmaster

So I am thinking about getting either dual flowmaster 10 series or dual cherry bomb extremes the extreme is 10 dollars cheaper and I belive they are basically the exact same. so should I just go with cherry bomb?
Old 12-23-2012, 07:27 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Neither, magnaflow is your best bet.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:32 AM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

yes i agree also neither!!! Go with magnaflow, mac or borla..
Old 12-26-2012, 03:05 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

At that point you might as well straight pipe it. That's all cherrybomb and flowmaster is, not that I'm condoning straight pipe either. Don't do that lol
Old 12-27-2012, 06:36 AM
Ironhandx
1st Gear Member

Flowmaster has some products that are in line with the Mac/Magnaflow/Borla etc lines. Magnaflow has some bad products as well but the two brands(Magnaflow & Flowmaster) are fairly comparable. They're certainly the most comparable of that whole list.

Cherry Bombs are absolute garbage and my personal opinion is that every idiot with them on their Civic, WRX, Cavalier, Sunfire... etc etc should be ****ing shot to improve the gene pool.
Old 12-27-2012, 06:55 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

The two mufflers he is looking at are exactly the same, just from different brands, the "cherrybombs" your thinking of on civics and crap are glasspacks, which are made by all different companies. The brand cherrybomb makes some good mufflers, the one he is looking at is not one of the good ones though.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Ironhandx
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by BabyGT
The two mufflers he is looking at are exactly the same, just from different brands, the "cherrybombs" your thinking of on civics and crap are glasspacks, which are made by all different companies. The brand cherrybomb makes some good mufflers, the one he is looking at is not one of the good ones though.
Ah, Good to know.

I had written off the entire brand thanks to those, haha.
Old 12-27-2012, 01:41 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Only Flowmasters I really like are Flowmaster Super 40s and 40 series. I'm personally a Magnaflow and Borla man myself.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:57 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ironhandx
Flowmaster has some products that are in line with the Mac/Magnaflow/Borla etc lines. Magnaflow has some bad products as well but the two brands(Magnaflow & Flowmaster) are fairly comparable. They're certainly the most comparable of that whole list.

Cherry Bombs are absolute garbage and my personal opinion is that every idiot with them on their Civic, WRX, Cavalier, Sunfire... etc etc should be ****ing shot to improve the gene pool.
If you believe that Magnaflow and flowmaster are anywhere near the same league, then you haven't been around long. Flowmaster is cheap crap. Magnaflow is a great system, that last.

If you wanna sound like every moron with a chevy, get flowmasters. If you want it to sound good, get Maganaflow.
Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 PM
IronMan0002005
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Ironhandx
Haha I hate that sound as well

Posted from MustangForums.com App for Android

Quick Reply: Cherry bomb? or flowmaster