2000 3.8 V6 Mustang, Car un storage for 6months, now wont start.
When the Ignition key turned to the ON position;
- NO fuel pump sound near tank. Never hear a fuel pump sound at any time.
- There is a short 2sec. sound under the hood, not sure what it is.
- Fuel Pressure is zero measured with pressure guage at schrader valve.
- IFS Inertia switch is pressed in, seems ok.
- PATS system Theft light goes from short blink every three seconds
3seconds on and then turns off.
Is there an easy way to check the power signal going to fuel pump? What about the Fuel pressure switch/regulator on the fuel rail, could that thing be stuck(maybe dry or sticky)? Is there a way to check it? How does that switch interact with the fuel pump, does it turn the fuel pump off when the pressure is too high (or the switch is stuck) ?
Thanks & Best Regards..