V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Possible PATS issue need advice.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2013, 05:07 PM
Hikari_NOS
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by flashpoint
the module I was talking about was the one the steering colum with the black ring that slides over the key switch/tumbler, they had tossed the original one( i assume) under the drivers seat. So it appears they've replaced that module because there is one already on the steering column. So if I'm not making sense I tend to ramble haha.

I'm hoping this won't cause me/ or the dealership problems i.e. cost me more money to fix when I take the car in to be programmed if I can't do it.

Ok tried the programing method in the link you provided and still a no go I'm gonna give some local locksmiths a call and see if they can do and what it would cost but I have a feeling I'll be taking her to the dealership.
I think I got you. lol Anyways, when I had mine reprogrammed at the dealership, I believe it was only $85 something and that was with also adding another key since I only had one at the time. Apparently to reprogram transponder keys you got to have both from my understanding when I took mine in, but I wasn't sure on that. I'm also not entirely sure if a locksmith can do anything with these transponder keys. Sucks that the programming guide I linked didn't work. Hope everything works out for ya. n_n Good luck!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:58 PM
MaxOrbit

Originally Posted by Hikari_NOS
I think I got you. lol Anyways, when I had mine reprogrammed at the dealership, I believe it was only $85 something and that was with also adding another key since I only had one at the time. Apparently to reprogram transponder keys you got to have both from my understanding when I took mine in, but I wasn't sure on that. I'm also not entirely sure if a locksmith can do anything with these transponder keys. Sucks that the programming guide I linked didn't work. Hope everything works out for ya. n_n Good luck!
I had a new transponder key made at a local hardware store. They find what type of key to use and then program it.They insert your good key into a small box and press a read button. Then they insert the new key then they press the write button and it's ready to go. A new key and chip cost me $70 with programming.It saved me from driving all the way downtown to the ferd dealer.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:18 PM
flashpoint

ok guys, was finally able to haul her to the dealer today, I definitely need a winch for my trailer 2 hours to load with a come along in the scorching sun was not a fun start this morning.

Anyways got to the dealership and they cut me another key and was able to get both programmed which cost me around 90 bucks with tax so was cheaper than I expected. Unfortunately she's still not running, not getting any fuel to the fuel rail, we could hear the pump kick on after programming and you could hear it pump and the fuel dumping back into the gas tank. I'm hoping I can just replace the filter and be good to go if not I'll probably have to replace the pump.

My guess it's sat for along time and no one thought to put some gas treatment in it to keep the lines from gumming up. But the theft light no goes off and we was able to put a tad bit of starting fluid in the intake and got her to run for a second. So once I get the fuel situation straightened out I can see what else I need to fix.

Thanks for all the help, was hopeful I wouldn't have to take it to the dealer but it wasn't as expensive as I was expecting so all is well.
Old 02-04-2016, 02:19 PM
sparky151

I just got a 98 mustang myself, I notice that my ignition tumbler was mess up so I replace the part, look at the transceiver that goes around the ignition,it look pretty good, no cracks it was in good condition, but notice that, there was a black wire that goes inside of the ignition it appear to be broken. is their a replacement for that wire.