V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

does ANYONE prefer automatic over manual?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 01:54 PM
zentin
Banned

Default does ANYONE prefer automatic over manual?

I got an automatic cause i couldnt find ANY mustangs in my area for a good price for months and i finally found one for a good price but its an automatic (most the ones in our 100 mile radius are automatic!~!!! :S ) at first i didn't care but now everyones like "its not a manual? ...Oh..."

I know manuals are better for racing, and relibabiliuty and MPG and looking cool in front of girls, but is there ANYONE who likes automatic more? I personally like automatic for daily driving because my last mustang was a manual and it got really annoying quick! Is there anyone who likes automatic? otherwise i would hate to have to lose even more money that i dont have trying to trade this in for a manual
Old 10-03-2013, 02:11 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Personally I have an auto. Been driving auto for 26 years. My wife cant so we have an auto. I started out on manual and I miss them..always have. I used to drink, eat, smoke, and drive me stick no problem....as I get old I appreciate the auto because I have a hard enough time eating and drinking my soda and driving now. For fun I'd prefer a stick because a auto gets boring....then again I dont have to replace a clutch like I used to burn out.
Old 10-03-2013, 03:30 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I'm cool with an auto. My Explorer is auto. It's much nicer for DD use. Auto is more reliable for a drag car, too.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:07 PM
Double0SixShooter
1st Gear Member

I agree with Lil Roush, auto's are faster for drag racing, personally I'd prefer a manual for road racing and autocross though, as a daily, my stang used to be an auto, but I swapped it to a t5 manual, and never looked back, however my daily has an auto (not a stang), and first off I want to say KUDOS to eating/drinking (non alchohol ) and driving!! It's NEAR impossible in a stick, let alone difficult, but possible, in an auto. I guess I'd say they both have their advantages and disadvantages BUT to each his.. or her own, for me right now though, I'm satisfied with the stick. (like to hear the exhaust note every now and again without having to thrash it)
Old 10-03-2013, 09:12 PM
zentin
Banned

ya idk whats with this area, I BEEN LOOKING FOR MONTHS AND COULDNT FIND A SINGLE MUSTANG MANUAL FOR A GOOD PRICE!!!! but i found my current stang for a really good price the only thing i dont like, is its automatic :S
Old 10-04-2013, 09:22 AM
mustangman02232
6th Gear Member

You couldn't give me a DD with a manual, I spend 12-14 hours a day with 18 gears when I'm done I want to put it in D and go, since my cobra isn't a DD I tolerate the 6 speed
Old 10-04-2013, 09:57 AM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

18 gears now thats too much hahaha! i love auto for the simplicity but manuals are fun in there own right
Old 10-04-2013, 12:34 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

If I only owned one it would be a stick. But since I have a few the daily is auto and the toy is a stick.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:54 AM
MaxOrbit

For around town ; stop & go or commuting I think the auto box is better. I have an auto V6 and quite like it.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:44 AM
petrock
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by LilRoush
Auto is more reliable for a drag car, too.
Hmmm. I would have thought that manuals are more reliable/desirable/faster for dragging. Interesting…

I have owned both manual & automatic vehicles. I prefer auto for the reasons others mentioned as well as reliability, ease of use and lower maintenance costs (in my experience). I don’t subscribe to the idea of there being some kind of machismo with manual transmissions. Either way, its your ride. Run what you like.

Quick Reply: does ANYONE prefer automatic over manual?