V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Car Just Got Fully Detailed- Had To Share

Old 03-17-2014, 08:27 AM
vadersaysno

Default Car Just Got Fully Detailed- Had To Share

Hey everyone. I'm new on the board, but had to share an experience that happened this weekend.

A few years ago, I bought my 2004 V6 used from a dealer. Honestly the only reason I got it was that it was mispriced (online typo) and ended up being the cheapest car on the lot. I've had a few frustrating problems here and there and was getting frustrated and starting to hate the car...until I found out one of my friends owns a shop and is taking good care of me and the car. Anyway, there's a couple of areas where it looks like the paint is failing, so my wife bought me a gift card to a local place in VA to get a full detail done (I won't post the name of the place, because I'm not sure if I'm really allowed... message me if you want the name).

Even though we were supposed to get some more nasty weather this week, the car interior has really been feeling disgusting, no matter how well I clean it, so I decided to go ahead and get the detail done. This place was amazing! They got the paint buffed out so it looks really good again (still a couple of trouble spots, but it's a lot better). Here's where my true amazement came in that I really needed to share- the interior is incredible!! Just a couple of things that I found out about my 'stang after this cleaning:

- The carpet is actually a dark gray. I never knew this. Ever since I got the car, it has appeared to be a lighter gray.

- The seat belt light dings if you don't fasten it. This has never happened since I've had the car. I've HEARD that it did that, but mine never did. Apparently they cleaned something so good that they fixed something I didn't know was broken.

- The most mind-blowing thing is that there is this clean, fresh-smelling air coming out of the vents when I turn on the heat or A/C. Does anyone know how this has happened? I'd like to keep it smelling fresh and clean in there instead of exhaust-y.

Needless to say, I'm starting to like the car again.
Old 03-17-2014, 09:14 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Any pictures?
Old 03-17-2014, 09:23 AM
vadersaysno

I just put my seat covers back on (seat fabric is wearing out) and have to take pics of the interior anyway. Right now my status says "may not post attachments". UGHH!!
Old 03-17-2014, 11:40 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

FAIK there is a spray that gets put deep into the vents. May be wrong. Ive seen one car guy do it.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:12 PM
vadersaysno

I need to find out about that spray if that's what it is.

Pics are now posted in my "albums". It snowed pretty good last night here, so I still need to do interior pics. Weather should be good later this week, so I'll take some then.
Old 03-17-2014, 05:38 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Can anyone comment on average costs involved in a detail job? Ive been considering it.
Old 03-17-2014, 06:58 PM
vadersaysno

Where I went, it was $200. They didn't do the engine as it wasn't part of the package that I bought. My mechanic cleaned the engine for me before, so I wasn't worried about that (plus the package that included the engine also included headlight restoration that I didn't need). This is in the metro DC area, though, so prices might be a bit higher here.
Old 03-18-2014, 01:06 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Loo0king around here I found what seems to be a nice place with full detail for $80. Dont think that includes engine though. he has a clay bar wax for $50 too.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:28 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Default Roanstang shines

I just did my own for $45,00 in clay & Euro Tech 7000 polish.
Attached Thumbnails Car Just Got Fully Detailed- Had To Share-tn_port-lavaca-ford-005.jpg  
Old 03-18-2014, 11:40 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

If you do your own stuff I suggest Meguiar's products. I absolutely love their spray on tech wax.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Car Just Got Fully Detailed- Had To Share