V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

V6 fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Default V6 fog lights

Alright guys so AM just flashed up a sale and included in it were Raxiom smoked fog lights. Now my did not come with the from the factory, I just have those little bars running across where they should be. (2000 mustang btw). How much of a job will these be to put in? Have any of yall done it? I figure a lot of splicing and etc etc, or even getting a new harness altogether.
Old 06-03-2014, 08:43 PM
Chromeshadow
3rd Gear Member

I installed the Starkey fog lights in my 2012, they supplied all of the connectors, everything was plug and play. It took about 90 minutes and I worked really slowly. I expect these will be the same for yours if they are for the correct year. You can ask AM, or they may chime in to confirm.
Old 06-04-2014, 07:00 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Yeah it's pretty simple. The only difference between the v6 and GT front bumper your year is the little bars, take a razor and nearly cut them out, the rest is bolt on and plug in. If you wanna get fancy you can get a fog light switch from a GT and snap that in and plug into the factory wiring. It's all there.
Old 06-04-2014, 08:22 AM
Starkey Products
Former Sponsor

The bars are easy to cut out as others have said. You will need a wiring harness to power the fog lights. We don't manufacture one for the 99-04 V6's but there are companies out there that make a simple, affordable harness to install.

Jason
Old 06-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

Alright thanks guys. BabyGT, if it is a plug in, where would I find my factory lights wiring harness to see if its there?
Old 06-04-2014, 12:24 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

You can ****** the harness from a GT mustang in a junk yard, the light end of the harness anyways, the harness for the switch is in the dash behind the blank cap where the fog light switch goes.

Already has power to it and everything. All the relays are there for proper function with the high beams and such.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:30 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Mobiusone stang
Alright guys so AM just flashed up a sale and included in it were Raxiom smoked fog lights. Now my did not come with the from the factory, I just have those little bars running across where they should be. (2000 mustang btw). How much of a job will these be to put in? Have any of yall done it? I figure a lot of splicing and etc etc, or even getting a new harness altogether.
Originally Posted by BabyGT
Yeah it's pretty simple. The only difference between the v6 and GT front bumper your year is the little bars, take a razor and nearly cut them out, the rest is bolt on and plug in. If you wanna get fancy you can get a fog light switch from a GT and snap that in and plug into the factory wiring. It's all there.
^This is correct. The installation of the fog lights is very easy. Shouldn't take you much longer than an hour to do. However, since you don't have factory fog lights you may need to get yourself a GT harness for the fogs.

Other than that, you'll be in good shape!

Hope this helps.

-Dan
Old 06-11-2014, 07:26 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

It's very easy And as babygt stated the wiring is all in place except its not in the dash on the 2000, its under the coin slots. One plug is for the fogs and one is for a vert top.
Old 06-11-2014, 07:39 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

^^forgot about the console being different.
Old 06-12-2014, 06:21 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

alright thanks guys! So i should basically be able to place the foglights in the slots in the bumpers, rummage around to find the open socket for them, and the connect up a switch to the open socket on the console? Please correct me if I'm wrong lol :P

Quick Reply: V6 fog lights