V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Best replacement hood for 2000?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 11:28 PM
Mobiusone stang
2nd Gear Member

I honestly believe your right. I think the more respect and understanding we can achieve from both sides, all the better we are. And I must admit, that there is probably something going through the psychy of the general public when they see a stopped police car with a guy holding a radar gun, that they either freak or get really upset because he is trying to "get ya". But he is just doing his job, and its our job to go the posted speed limit. And sure there are grey areas that might upset people (my personal are getting pulled over for say like you said 7 over, or your going the speed of the traffic around you, which might be speeding and getting pulled over. Honestly, because I live in Texas, I would rather speed than be a moving chicane). But again it's there job for the safety of the public. I've seen those drivers out there that make their job necessary. At least we dont have dang speed cameras like they do in Great Britain!

Anyway I hope that mustang of yours gets better soon. Always love cop mustangs (cause who expects them ? ) The old highway patrol foxbodies are def a favorite of mine
Old 08-17-2014, 01:41 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Not sure what state everybody is from but here in fla I don't write tickets for speed. Unless you are weaving in and out of traffic causing a dangerous situation for others. Also our statute states 1-6 mph over is verbal warning only as the fine amounts don't begin until 7over and most of my dept won't stop you for anything 10 or less over the limit.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:22 PM
TfcCDR
2nd Gear Member

That 7 MPH leeway depends on where you are and what the posted limit is. If you're out in the middle of nowhere and bumped up to 10 or even 15 over, I'm probably going to make myself obvious and let you drop back down, because some idiot will blast through at 30 over and I'd rather talk to him than to you. If you're in a school zone with kids present, 5 over will probably get you a citation.

The pony is feeling his oats tonight. I'm not working, but have the HT on and all of our Q cars are doing land office business.

I'm in Nevada, FYI.
Old 08-19-2014, 10:21 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Oh I've never tried to argue my way out of a ticket, if I got busted then I got busted.

I know about the little bit of speeding with lights off to avoid causing other problems and am totally cool with that.
My problem is I live in a small town and all the cops, rescue squad, town council, and anyone else in any position of power are all friends since they were born and families that have known each other 4 generation type deals. My parents moved here when i was 2 so there's sort of a intruder attitude from some people. As well as my dad is quick to point out when they do something wrong so were not favorites around here.

I tried to voice a complaint once and got hounded for a month with speed warnings even when I was clearly doing the speed limit and got several tickets for "illegal modifications" that I had to spend the money and time to prove in court were in fact legal. They sat in an empty spot across the street from my house waiting every morning and afternoon when I left for school/work and when I returned.
Just made them more mad that none of the tickets ever stuck.

I guess they didn't expect someone my age at the time to be legally versed enough to defend myself so well in court. I even had faxes and letters from companies of parts I had on my car proving my parts were in fact legal in all 50 states.

And I know I wasn't ever speeding because I never actually got a ticket, just told I need to watch my speed and would take off without answering me on how fast i was being claimed to have gone.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:19 AM
TfcCDR
2nd Gear Member

Small towns can be a problem.

One rural PD not too far from me has a policy that if officers have a personal problem with someone, if they stop them they call someone else to come interact. This de-escalates things.