V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Mach 460 sound system and no bass

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2014, 04:20 PM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daehawk
How could it have 8 speakers when there are only 6 places for them?
2 in bottom of door
2 in door sails
2 in rear deck
Unless there are spots in the top front dash...if so mine are missing lol.

Link 1

LINK 2

LINK 3

The 460 uses strange amps and ohms.
First link, 6th pic down, first one of door open, at top of door on inside of where the mirror bolts to is the tweeter, that makes 2 speakers per door.

So for a hardtop that's 4 in doors, 2 in sails, and 2 on deck for a total of 8.
In a vert its same setup for doors but 2 on each side for sail section so 4 in door, and 4 beside back seat for a total of 8.
Old 11-14-2014, 09:46 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

That one at the mirror is the sails. I asked Crutchfield if that was a tweeter and they said no and gave me speaker recommendations. All were for 6 speakers. 2 6x8 in the deck, 2 6x8 in the bottom door, and some kind of little tiny speaker for the sails at the mirror. But they swore it wasn't a tweeter...i also thought it was a tweeter. I mean even that webpage says tweeters. Shrug.

Last edited by Daehawk; 11-14-2014 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:10 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Daehawk
That one at the mirror is the sails. I asked Crutchfield if that was a tweeter and they said no and gave me speaker recommendations. All were for 6 speakers. 2 6x8 in the deck, 2 6x8 in the bottom door, and some kind of little tiny speaker for the sails at the mirror. But they swore it wasn't a tweeter...i also thought it was a tweeter. I mean even that webpage says tweeters. Shrug.
A sail panel would be the panel for the b pillar, the panel between the front and back seats on either side. I promise you whoever you talked to at Crutchfield was wrong.
Old 11-15-2014, 09:22 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

hmmmm.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:44 PM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Are you sure there are speakers in the sail panels of the mach460 coupe? I cut up a Mach460 car and it has regular sail panels. Only speakers in the rear was the Mach setup under the rear dash.
Old 11-15-2014, 04:46 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

There are none in the back quarter panel area. I miss them there because my Trans-Ams had them there.
Old 11-15-2014, 06:35 PM
gagemcc

Sorry for the late reply guys but I have a few pictures, as you can see they cut the wires off the original connector and connected them to the new connector for the aftermarket radio. There is a second connector that I have no idea where it goes to and by the looks of it the radio wouldn't support it anyway. Then there is the orange cable which is for the antenna. There's an amp somewhere around the dash for the woofers in the doors right? Where would it be? Tonight I am taking apart the amps to see if they are blown.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:36 PM
gagemcc

And there wasn't anything connected to the RCA (Didn't see the edit function after posting this)
Old 11-16-2014, 06:38 AM
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

You are definitely missing the extra harness adapter. The third pic down, the grey plug with red face beside antenna is the amp harness plug, that's where the harness with the rca plugs attaches, your amps just aren't getting a signal to turn on. And you do have the standard harness adapter. That fat grey plug is the harness adapter. They have not cut the factory harness so you are in good shape.
Old 11-16-2014, 09:15 PM
gagemcc

Ohhh alright, I'll order the adapter right away because I have been driving the car for five months and have gotten a little tired of a sound system with zero bass. Thanks for the help man!

Quick Reply: Mach 460 sound system and no bass