V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

95 mustang vacuum line

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2015, 06:39 PM
patchshaffer

Default 95 mustang vacuum line

95 3.8 driver side vacuum block third one down is a plastic tube connected to the block in a rubber fitting, other end is broken and I do not know where it goes. I have attached a picture.. thanks..
Attached Thumbnails 95 mustang vacuum line-20150409_175648_resized.jpg  
Old 04-09-2015, 07:51 PM
blue stang
2nd Gear Member

On my car it is a small vacuum line that runs on top of the fire wall and on the passenger side it runs through the fire wall between the two A/C lines. I don't know what its for, but wile looking at my car I noticed mine is broken in two. Since everything on my car works fine I would assume its nothing too important. I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow when its not so dark.
Old 04-10-2015, 07:24 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Those are for the different vent options. I would bet that one of your ac vent options doesnt work.
Old 04-10-2015, 09:09 AM
patchshaffer

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Those are for the different vent options. I would bet that one of your ac vent options doesnt work.
You are correct the Heater/AC only blows from the Defroster vents. Since this is basically an open hole in the vacuum system I assume that it is going to affect other vacuum related stuff (tracking down an apparent vacuum issue is how I found this)?? and thanks for the reply
Old 04-10-2015, 09:10 AM
patchshaffer

Originally Posted by blue stang
On my car it is a small vacuum line that runs on top of the fire wall and on the passenger side it runs through the fire wall between the two A/C lines. I don't know what its for, but wile looking at my car I noticed mine is broken in two. Since everything on my car works fine I would assume its nothing too important. I'll have to take a closer look tomorrow when its not so dark.
thanks, based on the other reply and my heater you might want to check your various vent options..
Old 04-10-2015, 06:04 PM
blue stang
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, the tube broke off in one of the rubber adapters. Cleaned it out, reattached it, and now everything switched from defroster vents to floor and dash. I would have never known about it if it weren't for this thread.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:13 AM
patchshaffer

Default thanks for the help one last question

I have located both ends of this and it is broken off in both ends. The plastic line will no longer reach. Has anyone replaced this with a standard vacuum line?
Old 04-12-2015, 09:23 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Autozone sells replacement hard line for this application
Old 04-13-2015, 10:35 AM
patchshaffer

Originally Posted by PNYXPRESS
Autozone sells replacement hard line for this application
Thanks, based on lack of other parts I had not even checked, appreciate all the help..
Old 04-14-2015, 12:39 AM
petrock
4th Gear Member

When this hose broke on my wifey’s ’98 I repaired it with a section of rubber tubing with an inner diameter slightly smaller then the broken hose (to make a good seal). I used some silicone spray to make install easier. That was the repair instructions in the service manual, if memory serves. Been working great for 5 years so far.

Quick Reply: 95 mustang vacuum line