V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

1999 V6 Will Not Start

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2016, 12:06 AM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Keep asking where it is because most likely Im wrong but I think its called the CONSTANT CONTROL RELAY MODULE and its up under the passenger side wheel well. Kinda behind the coolant reservoir area of the wheel well.Hard to get to.

Before going to all that trouble get in , turn everything off so its quiet , insert the key and turn to the on position just before it cranks and listen for the fuel pump to come on. If it comes on then the relay should be good...if you hear nothing or a lot of clicking then the relay is most likely bad. Keep in mind it is a relay for others things as well not just the fuel pump.

Last edited by Daehawk; 10-20-2016 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:05 AM
Thumb

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone but for right now I can't check anything because the car is starting up as usual now. I'll keep all these tips in mind though if and when it does it again. For now though I need to find out why the rear window defogger is not working and there is no heat or it takes 10 minutes for the car to warm up.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:12 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

For now though I need to find out why the rear window defogger is not working and there is no heat or it takes 10 minutes for the car to warm up.
If you figure out that defogger tell us plz cause mine has never worked and I find nothing wrong with it.

As for heater check the coolant lvl..may be low.
Old 10-20-2016, 07:49 PM
Thumb

I had fixed the defogger a few months ago, one of the wires came off the window and I bought a kit and glued it back on. It worked until now so I'll have to figure it out...again.

As far as the heat goes, the water levels are up to the top. I've done everything possible to get it to heat up except change the water pump. One thing that has me puzzled is that when I pulled the thermostat off to replace it there was no water in the cavity where the intake is, none. Also when the car is running the top radiator hose never get hot, not even warm and if you squeeze it, it seems empty. Like there is no water going through to the radiator. The car heater will eventually warm up and you can feel the heater hoses going into the core that both are hot, still the radiator hose is cold. Something isn't right.