V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Rearview mirror help

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2016, 09:46 PM
So'm Beach

Default Rearview mirror help

Hello, new guy here.

I've got a 94 v6 conv, and the rearview mirror fell off a few months ago. The mount that attaches to the windshield is plastic, and has about a dozen or so holes in it. I have been struggling to find an appropriate adhesive to reattach the mirror. I've tried all of the adhesives from auto zone, and none have worked. I have also bought a new mirror that has a metal mount, and have failed twice to get that one to stick, as well.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions?
Old 10-22-2016, 11:37 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

I put one on my Trans-Am but I cannot for the life of me remember what I used. Ill look online...one min.

EDIT: Found two recommended products. Remember that the biggest factor in having it stick is the temp. Its got to be within the stated temps for it to work and also a very good cleaning job before you try to bond it.

Loctite

VersaChem

Last edited by Daehawk; 10-22-2016 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:14 AM
So'm Beach

Thanks for the reply. I'll keep you posted. I haven't tried either of those brands. All I've used so far is the Permatex and 3M brands, and neither have worked on either the original plastic mount, or the aftermarket metal mount.
Old 10-24-2016, 02:51 PM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

I'm surprised to hear of brands like 3M or Permatex yielding poor results. Are you prepping the surfaces properly and following the instructions to a T?
Old 10-24-2016, 11:06 PM
Daehawk
4th Gear Member

Im not a huge 3M fan...maybe its just me being wrong haha.