V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs Technical discussions on the 3.8L and 3.9L V6 torque monsters

Fuel problems

Old 12-03-2016, 02:29 PM
FreddieS.

Default Fuel problems

So i just recently ran into some issues with my 04 mustang. After some tests figured out the fuel pump was the problem, i have replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter and for some reason it still wouldnt start. I then noticed that the fuse was blown so i replaced the fuel pump fuse, as soon as i turned the key the fuse blew. According to some research ive done seems to be a short, ive traved back the wires from the fuel pump into the trunk to the inertia switch and the fuel pump module which seem to be getting power to them but will not power the fuel pump. Im out of ideas and not very good with electrical any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-06-2016, 04:43 PM
Stepman
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by FreddieS.
So i just recently ran into some issues with my 04 mustang. After some tests figured out the fuel pump was the problem, i have replaced the fuel pump and fuel filter and for some reason it still wouldnt start. I then noticed that the fuse was blown so i replaced the fuel pump fuse, as soon as i turned the key the fuse blew. According to some research ive done seems to be a short, ive traved back the wires from the fuel pump into the trunk to the inertia switch and the fuel pump module which seem to be getting power to them but will not power the fuel pump. Im out of ideas and not very good with electrical any help would be greatly appreciated.
Figure out what all is run off that fuse and unplug things until it quits blowing. That will get you to your short.

Search this Thread