Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > V6 (1994-2004) Mustangs > V6 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-30-2007, 08:46 PM   #11
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: Roush
Send a message via AIM to LilRoush
Default RE: What's Your Mod List (See what others are doing)

Ok, deep breath..... 2000 V6

Motor/Drive train: 4.2L fully forged short block, Crower cam, custom heads (by me), warmed over valve train,ported stock lower intake (by me), custom boxed upper intake (by me), ported Eaton M112, Cobra TB (port matched), ported inlet, 2.8" UPR blower pulley, 60 lb injectors, SVT fuel pump, custom fuel rail (by me), Lightning MAF, custom street legal exhaust running into Spin tech 333SCS mufflers (kicked out the sides), Ron Davis Aluminum radiator, Optima battery, A/C delete, Ram clutch, Tremec World Class T5 tranny, Roush Classic shifter, Eaton 7.5" rear end with FRPP 3.73 gears.

Suspension: Springs: 1050lb/inch fronts and650 lb/in rears (somewhere between 3 1/2 and 4" drop), Bilstein shocks/struts (Roush spec),Roush front sway bar, GT rear sway bar, Roush control arms, full array of Energy Suspension poly, Steeda X2 ball joints, Flaming River steering, Roush 13" slotted/cross drilled rotors at all four corners, Roush front calipers, hawk pads, SS lines

Wheels/tires:
Roush Argents 18x9 front, 18x10 rear
265/35 BGF KD fronts, 295/35 BGF drags rear (drag strip) 295/35 BFG KD (road course)
'93 SVT- R 17" wheels for 'harder' track days with 275/40 Kumho 710s all the way around.

Outside: Roush Stage 1 aeropackage (Splitter, side skirts, rear skirts, 3 post wing), All Roush badging, Y2K Cobra R 2 1/2" cowl hood with functional heat extraction, '03 black head light housings

Inside: Roush carbon fiber trim, Roush floor mats, Roush Racing pedals, Roush badging, Autometer A pillar with boost and fuel pressure, Cobreau CR1 seats (bright blue) and harnesses (black), Sparco harness bar (full cage waiting to go in), rear seat delete, stereo delete, removed all "dead weight" (insulation, extra wires etc....), empty trunk with basic carpet for looks JACK ROUSH AUTOGRAPHED DASH

Plans: Cage waiting to go in, reworking full suspension this Spring, KB twin screw, two tone paint.

EDIT: I've had people comment that I say the seats are Corbeau CR1s, but in the pic with Jack signing the dash they are Forza seats from Corbeau. (Good eye to all who caught it.) This car has seen many changes over the years. I've run stock leather, both black and blue Forzas, '03 Cobras, '01 Cobras and am now running the blue CR1s in the car - and that's just the seats.Along with those changes it's hadthree sets of wheels on it, four suspension set ups, three hoods, four exhaust systems, two stereo set ups (prior to gutting it),four motors, two different power addersand a host of other junk that I decided against later on.

Pros: This thing outhandles almost anything I run it against. Lacks the power, but brakes and corners like a champ - which is usally the area of the track I can catch the other cars. Side exhaust is something I'd never go with out now. It cleans up the rear so well when doing suspension work. It is a great track car, and also made a good daily driver (which is why I bought it in the first place).

Cons: Not exactly a good daily driver any more. But I wouldn't trade it for anything. Wish I could make more power down lower in the RPM band. (Hense the KB unit going on.)

First two taken right before the 2006 Georga V6 Ford Challenge (MN to GA was a loooong drive in this thing)
Click the image to open in full size.

Prior to my first Fun Ford Weekend back when I lived in Texas:

Jack in my car

This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
1970 Mach 1: Resto-modded monster

2000 Roush #5004 - World's FIRST M112'd V6 Mustang. Sold, but not forgotten.
LilRoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 10:45 PM   #12
TheMichiganRA
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang GT

Anyone else have mods to throw down?
SSM Stage 2+ valves with SSM Stage 3 Head porting.
Offset Rack Bushings
Steeda 2X Ball Joints
Steeda Bump Steer Kit
13" Bullitt Front Brake Kit
M112 Kit (On Hold)

2003 Torch Red V6 Auto Coupe - Traded.

M112 with V6 custom intake manifold for sale! PM me!
TheMichiganRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2007, 11:36 PM   #13
tommy2273boy
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 03 ZX6RR and a born again mustang
Send a message via AIM to tommy2273boy

Engine
Procharger P1SC 8psi Pulley
Procharger Intercooler Upgrade
Procharger K&N Filter
SVT Focus Fuel Pump
Mach1 24# Injectors
FRPP 80mm MAF
14'x3' Radiator Fan
Custom Overflow Bottle

Ignition
Screamin’ Demon Coil Pack
LiveWire Plug Wires
NGK TR-6 Spark Plugs

Tuning
SCT Xcal2
Tuned by Pete C.

Exhaust
Pypes O/R X-Pipe
Steeda O2 Extensions
BBK O2 Extensions
GT Takesoffs Dumped
Pypes Hanger Kit
SLP 3.5' Rolled Tips

Drivetrain
4.10 Motive Gears
Motive Bearing Kit
FRPP T-Lok

Exterior
8" Shortie Antenna
16" Saleen Replica Chrome Rims
GT Hood w/ Hood Scoop
GT Clear Foglights
GT Side Scoops
Mach1 Chin Spoiler
Mach1 3pc Grille Delete
232& 3.8 Badges
Chrome Vinyl Bumper Inserts
MRT Gas Hood Shocks
FRPP C-Springs
Drilled and Slotted Rotors
Chrome FRPP Oil Cap
GT 24mm Rear Sway Bar
Sub-Frame Connectors

Interior
[/b]Auto Meter 30vac–20psi Phantom Boost Guage
Auto Meter 0-100psi Phantom Fuel Gauge
Gauge Works Cluster Bezel Dual Gauge Pod
WhiteGauges.net White Face Gauges
Silver Charcoal Trim

Pros – The Procharger pulls like a MoFo up-top. The car is black, it looks awesome.

Cons – GT Takeoffs drone when cruising. When I find a black GT Bumper, Ill run my tailpipes out the back. Power isn’t cheap.

Suggestions –Boost ASAP
tommy2273boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 11:28 AM   #14
Sparks232
2nd Gear Member

its not going to be much..... 2002 V6 5 Speedblack

Interior :
-Alpine CD player, amazing sound quality def recommend, makes the stock speakers sound alot better
-Pioneer Speakers, i would go with Boston Acoustics if i were to buyaftermarket onesagain

Exterior:
-232 badges -- autobadges.com ROCKS fast shipping and amazing customer service
let me say that again.....autobadges.com is the BEST in the buisiness
-silver 'mustang' back bumper inserts, i would get the metel ones if i were to buy them again

Performance:
- MAC cold air intake- looks good, i didnt pay for it, so it makes it even better! the rubber fittings are starting to crack, dont know if any other brand has better rubber seals.
- SPEC Stage 1 clutch- AMAZING learning experience putting it in myself, i would say go for it instead of paying somebody to do it, if you have a shop you can work at, or even have the right tools at your house. the clutch feels better than stock, grabbs alot harder and feelsmore crisp. but i would go stage 2 if i would have known how 'light' the pedal was going to feel, it feels lighter than stock. id like the stiffer pedal and more agressive feel of a stage 2 or 3 even if my car didnt have the power to need the stiffer clutch.
-MAC cat back. i would NOT pay somebody 350 bucks to put this system in again, i got totally ripped off, i would buy mufflers and have a shop custom make a midpipe and bend some duals for me, the macs sound good but i dont think they would sound good without cats. but just for a bolt on with the y... i have had many MANY compliments on the look and sound of it, and the duals look amazing with the tips, they are level with the ground, and ive seen some V6's with tips that point down, and i think that looks horrible. -STEEDA firewall adjuster, i love it, i can adjust where the friction point is on the travel of the clutch pedal. a PITA to install since you have to cut the old firewall plastic piece out, (a dremmel helps) but it was worth it.
-Brakes, do NOT get metal brake pads, i got em and HATE having to clean my wheels twice a day... go ceramic. im bout to buy ceramic just so i dont have to deal with it anymore. it sucks because i just spent 50 bucks on the other ones.

My greatest piece of advice, from this whole car experience that i have had, is attempt to do the work yourself, ask questions, ask so many questions that people get annoyed, just so you fully understand what to do. and try and do everything yourself, the things you will learn, and the confidence you will have after you do it, it feels so good to know that every part you put on your car, was done by you, and it works, you know the work was done right, so theres my little rant, ask people who know what they are talking about and get the hands and arms a little greasy!!!!!!
full bolt ons, 4:10's, 18's
13.1 at 108 with a 2.0 60' < should be in the 12's
Sparks232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2007, 09:08 PM   #15
Durr727
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2003 Mach 1
durr727 durr727

Performance
-Flowmaster Force II Catback (Previos)
-Flowmaster Original 40 Series Mufflers
-Custom Fabbed Off Road H-Pipe
-P.E.P. MIL Eliminators
-ASP Underdrive Pulley
-ASP Ribbed Pulley Belt
-Steeda Tri-Ax Short Throw
-Shifter Base & Handle Gasket
-K2 Motors CAI
-SCT Superchips Performance Custom Eliminator Performance Chip
-Diablosport Predator
_93 Octane Tune

Wheels/Tires
-18x9 Chrome Saleens
-255/35-18 Federals
-1.25" Billet Spacers

Appearance
-'232' Badges
-Flat Black Decklid Vinyl
-2" Spoiler Move Back
-UPR Billet A/C Knobs
-UPR Billet Headlight Knob
-Reverse-Glo White Face Gauges
-25% Tinted Windows
-Carbon Fiber Shift Knob
-Mach 1 Chin Spoiler
-Mach 1 Grille Delete
-GT Rear Bumper
-GT Side Scoops
-18x4" SS Magnaflow Exhaust Tips
-Antenna Delete

Suspension
-H&R Super Sport Springs
-Blisten Shocks & Struts
-Maximun Motorsports 4 Bolt Caster Camber Plates

Audio
-JVC KD-AR3000 Head Unit
-Mp3 PlayerCable Hook-up
-4 Pioneer 3 Way 220W Speakers
-2 Infinity Tweeters
-2 12" Alpine Type R's
-2 12" Sony Explod's R.I.P.

Pros: I had no problems whatsoever with my ebay intake I bought from K2 Motors. It fit fine, and works just like every other intake. Its lost its luster slightly, but nothing big at all. The H&R springs were my best mod in my opinion along with the steeda short throw. The springs in combination with the blisten shocks and struts make this baby handle like a charm and the ride is very smooth and nice.Also removing the cats was the best move I could have made sound wise, minus the slight high pitch in the upper rpms.

Cons: The SCT performance chip fryed as soon as I did another mod to my car. Every time you "mess" with your car, it must be taken out and re-programmed for it to work good. Also the Sony Explod's were complete crap. They lived up to their name and exploded about a month or so after I have gotten them installed in a custom box for them to fit my trunk. Also the pulley is very hard to tell the difference for me from the stock pulley excpect at higher rpms in the later gears, I do feel more pull for sure.
Old 05-06-2007, 06:53 AM   #16
TheMichiganRA
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Mustang GT

I know there are more than 13 of us with mods....
SSM Stage 2+ valves with SSM Stage 3 Head porting.
Offset Rack Bushings
Steeda 2X Ball Joints
Steeda Bump Steer Kit
13" Bullitt Front Brake Kit
M112 Kit (On Hold)

2003 Torch Red V6 Auto Coupe - Traded.

M112 with V6 custom intake manifold for sale! PM me!
TheMichiganRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:01 AM   #17
ZZmustang
Banned

To many to list
ZZmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 01:01 PM   #18
flash20
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: WS6
Send a message via AIM to flash20 Send a message via Yahoo to flash20

Performance
75 dry shot
ported upper intake
ported lower intake
ported heads
bored out throttle body
4.10's gears
T-lock
vmp tune
cold air intake
full exhuast with longtube headers and flows 40's series
Tranny
3200 stall!

Suspension?
eibach prokit

looks:

01 cobra front bumper
carbon fiber gt hood *custom paint job*
black bullit rims all around
blacked out headlights
blacked out tail lights
black rear spoiler
eibach prokit?
shorty antenna
5 % tint all around

The best performance mods of course would have to be the enigne work it was like night and day.

Appreance wise my favorite is my cobra front bumper and carbonfiber hood.

right now im getting ready to install my venom nitrous kit and start off with a 50 shot and work my way up to 100.

i also plan on getting here in a about 2 weeks so with il keep yall updated
1998 LSX 94mm Turbo WS6 1300rwhp++

Last edited by flash20; 05-20-2013 at 12:26 PM.
flash20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:36 PM   #19
Greenx98xV6

1998 3.8L 5sp - Green

Not too many mods as of now, will update as time goes by.

Engine
-65mm Throttle Body
-K&N Intake
-Underdrive Pulleys

Suspension
-Eibach Lowering springs (being shipped as we speak)

Exterior
-Multicolor L.E.D Foglights
-Multicolor L.E.D. underglow neon (Optix)
-Window decals - Bob White - "Mustang" on front window , Pony outline on rear window

Interior
-Green Neon lights all over the place

Audio
-Pioneer Super Tuner 3 head unit
-Pioneer 3 way 200 watt speakers (in doors, rear quarter panels, and on rear deck)
-312in MTX 7500 Subs
-2 1200 Sony X-Plod amps

Notes
If you are wondering about all the neon lighting, I do my own custom wiring work. Please don't think of me as a riccer with wires all over the place. I will have to say it is a nice clean look :-)

Within the next month, I plan to get 3.73 gears, and a racing clutch (unsure of what brand yet)
Greenx98xV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 03:32 PM   #20
laserred02
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2013 Ford Mustang

Engine
ASP 25% UDP
K&N Filter w/silencer removed
SCT X-cal2 flash tuner programmed by Justin at vmptuning.com

Ignition
Screamin' demon coil pack
9mm Stangwires

Exhaust
GT Takeoffs w/o H-pipe

Drivetrain
Steeda tri-ax

Exterior
17" Bullitt rims OEM off an 03 GT
GT fog lights

Suspension
Mach 1 suspension package
600 lb/in Front Springs 250 lb/in Rear Springs
Tokico Shocks and Struts
MM subframe connectors
Mach 1 rear sway bar
Mach 1 front sway bar (waiting to be installed)

Pros - The suspension is awesome, the car actually handles likes a sports car now. Body roll is nearly gone, understeer has been taken care of, and body flex was taken care of by the subframe connectors. The tri-ax makes shifting fun again. UDP gives a little more pep and a little better fuel economy, although that could be me driving more responsibly who knows.

Cons - Ebay CAI sucks, I will be taking it off when I get time. I will probably go with a K&N filter with silencer removed. (Done and much better)

Now that the suspension is done I need to save up for some real performance mods.
Old 05-07-2007, 03:32 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
73, black, brake, custom, fox, girdle, grille, idi, irs, jobs, mesh, mod, moss, mustang, mustangs, paint, satin, stud