V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Stuck and need some help from my V6 buds

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2007, 08:38 PM
1badsob_00
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Stuck and need some help from my V6 buds

I dont know how old you are but based on what you said I can guess that you are young, and being that you are young, you have the rest of your life to get the car you want. Get those grades up, get a good job and then when you are finacially stable you could purchase that car with more power to please your needs.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:38 PM
Durr727
6th Gear Member

Do your parents care if you sell it?
I would personally keep it unless you are that set on getting a faster car.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:11 PM
v6stang07
6th Gear Member

i say just keep it, mod it as u go. wait till u get to college and really have some serious bills to pay, then ur gonna wanna shoot ur self if u get a new car that has payments and higher insurance. if u keep ur six u can mod it as u want when u have the money and plus u have already started a lil
Old 05-09-2007, 11:56 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Guys, the insurance will go down on an older V8, not up, trust me on this, been there, done that.

Full coverage 1998 Ford Mustang 3.8L, full coverage, $1800 every six months
Full coverage 1995 Ford Mustang GT/Cobra, full coverage, $1285 every six months.

I'm 21, so I still don't get that nice age discount.

Josh, like I said, do what you wish, but there are days, and they're counting, when I still wish I had my old V6 for a daily driver, or better yet, a freeking Civic. I swear, I feel like I'm being punished for owning a V8.[:'(]
Old 05-10-2007, 12:06 AM
85GTsleeper
4th Gear Member

okie dokie this is what you do. sell your pretty sixer save up and get a decent 4 eye foxbody . dont buy those 80's camaros with their crap 305's and uglyness.
Old 05-10-2007, 12:53 AM
00raging stang
4th Gear Member

i say just save up and spray ur car with like a nice 75-100 shot. do some more appearence stuff maybe get rims if you dont already have them or an exhaust system i know you were saying something about the "sound"
Old 05-10-2007, 03:32 AM
xX98StallionXx
5th Gear Member

Ive got no clue what i should do.. I want more power, so i dont have to waste time/money on the six just so im not running 150hp... but gas wont be pretty right now im paying 40 bucks for 11.6 gallons and that lasts me about 250 something miles i think, but i feel working my hours and for my wage, driving two miles to school and back and the couple of miles down the hill to work and back up wont be too hard to substain some gas flowing thru the engine. Then theres insurance, wont cost too much hopefully, but roughly 700ish a month should net me a good 200/mo insurance (and thats if they want to charge me for the bigger engine/lack of safety features, right now im paying 180 or so for the 300/500 liability or w/e it is) So i figure i find a nice cheap workable muscle car (id be willing to go with almost anything with in reason ie.Camaro, chevelle, nova, maybe a vette that needs alil love, classic mustang etc.) something preferably that i dont have to worry about all this electrical crap, like tuning everything.. just so i can do some small swap. Honestly, i just want that mean V8 sound looks would be my 2nd need and in all honesty speed/power (not much use on 40mph roads) would just be something to toy with. It would be nice from time to time to beable to smoke the tires in front of the school.. show off.. run agaisnt some of the kids who think their hondas and nissan 240whatevers are the **** just kuz they have it dragging on the ground and a "special" japanese muffler and a stripped interior.... etc... but i reeeeaaallly want that sound and i really want to put a nice paint job on it the whole nine yards, so that maybe when i want to sell it it will have more value, maybe more miles, but most of all more value. I could then sell it for maybe a thousand more than i bought it for and use that money to buy a good college project. Right now the sixer is becoming a pain, i want to get the rear end pullin for me MAYBE some gears if im feeling up to the challenge, but for that id have to go in and mess with some electrical deal and pour money out to some technician who reads a manaul and has more tools than i do... I just dream of waking up on a saturday morning, walking out into the brisque spring air of Sammamish Washington popping the hood open giving the ol' v8 a once over, play with this check that, tinker here, turn it on revv it a few times, drive it down to the local XXX burger joint and sign up for the spring/summer car shows just cruise around. I dont like having to worry about pulling up to some stop light and have a honda who thinks hes the **** with his before mentioned car, pull up next to me and blow my doors off because ive got a mules instead of ponies.. I wouldnt mind so much throwing away money on my sixer if it wasnt so damn difficult. I mean ive got friends around me who own 70s Camaros, 80s camaros etc. and know their way around the engine, ive got one kid who got me hooked on the Camaro with his 75 whos currently adding another 4barrel to his engine... in all honesty all i know is that hes adding another carb with four holes in it... but he made it sound easy so i figure i could learn from him, and from experience, doesnt sound to hard you just find someone who knows and wants to help and go... ok ive typed too much now.. sorry..

Also i refuse to go nitrous... theres no reason for me to have it when i dont think ill be embarrassing myself at the track with my 6er. At most i was hoping to fo F/I but now im reading in magazines and here in the forum that ive got to bust my *** and my wallet with some tuner and finding some mechanic to tune it for me... just doesnt sound to fun in the end... I mean ive got HUGE plans for the 6er, but ive got even bigger dreams of ending my high school years in this rich snobby hell hole leaving giant *** tire marks on the walk way infront of the school.. just to be a douche bag.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:30 AM
85GTsleeper
4th Gear Member

you my friend need a carburetor. plain and simple. if you get a carb motor everything is less complicated and much cheaper to mod.
Old 05-10-2007, 04:35 AM
85GTsleeper
4th Gear Member

and your friend is putting dual 4 barrels on his camaro? how many inches is his motor [&:]. if its a 350 thats kind of a weird move [&:]
Old 05-10-2007, 10:02 AM
jthorn9
The Godfather

ORIGINAL: 85GTsleeper

you my friend need a carburetor. plain and simple. if you get a carb motor everything is less complicated and much cheaper to mod.
Well if he was really bored, he could covert the V6 over to a carbed engine.

Quick Reply: Stuck and need some help from my V6 buds