V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Phantom Saleen

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

Default Phantom Saleen

I'm going to turn my '86 into a Phantom Saleen. I will call it a Saleen S-232 E. It will be a supercharged 3.8 or 4.2with tons of chassis work, mods and all sorts of go fast goodies. I hope to make around 320 horsepower, which shouldnt be too hard to pull off with a 4.2 and an M90 or a supercoupe topend with a full port job and some various other fun go fast goodies.

I do know it will take a few years to pull off, but I think it is worth it. Ithe hardest part will finding the saleen kit, or just get the front diffuseer then get the cervinis sideskirts and rear diffuser

I'll draw up a rendering when I get a break from work...
Old 05-26-2007, 11:06 PM
FBCBEER
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Phantom Saleen

Hope you actually do it. A lot of people talk like they are gonna do something, but never do. Hope your project works. Keep us updated.
Old 05-26-2007, 11:32 PM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

thanks. the first thing I have to do is get her rolling first. she needs an engine first, then I'm going to slowly mod her into my goal. It may take a few years due to college, but she'll get there[8D]

I'll keep updates once I get her on the road and dub her a "rolling project"
Old 05-27-2007, 12:06 AM
FBCBEER
4th Gear Member

yeah man, if you have room at your house, just take your time, do your own work on breaks, and do it right. It will be sweet, plus you'll learn a ton.
Old 05-27-2007, 03:16 AM
Shelty
5th Gear Member

well, when I bought her last year, she needed a headgasket, but after I did that, I lost almost all oil pressure and all the problems came back, like overheating and some low rpm sputtering, clanking and other unhealthy noises, soI think I spun a bearing loose still runs, though her battery died on me... I know a few shops that can get me a good deal on a new engine, only like 3-400 on labor and then whatever the engine costs... I really want to get her on the road and driving, then build her up. she went 223K miles before her gaskets blew up... me and my at the time inexperience though the bottom end could hold up... which it didnt do to well... got 57 miles out of her though[&:]

as for the 4.2, I plan on picking up a bare block after I have all the chassis and brakes done then having it built up from there... but I know it will take a while... what matters most is getting out of my driveway[8D] the shop I called had my neighbor's Taurus in and out in 5 days when his engine threw a rod and cracked the block... I'm just waiting for them to come back with an engine... so far the only ones they found had 90+ K on them... I want to try to find one with 40K ish.. if I do it little by little, mod by mod, I may have the car almost finished by the end of college, I visit bone yards for things like 5 lug spindles, a Taurus electric fan,and an 8.8 with a rebuildable t-locto save money for things like the Saleen kit, body work, the brake kit, suspension, gearsand a bribe for Steve Saleen to sign my dashboard[8D][8D]

people rag on me all the time on how a $915 dollar car is slowly turning into a 9150 dollar "mess" but when I am crusing with the t-tops down and some springstein blasting out of the speakers, only the people who tried to prove me wrong will be in a mess... when I blow by them