V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

!!!! no gt bumper!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2007, 06:31 AM
laserred38
5th Gear Member

Default RE: !!!! no gt bumper!!!!!

anyone want to post up pics of my turn-downs? we're still in the Ice Age with 56k at home. i hate not having the high speed internet at school [:@]. or you can just search my screenname and look for my threads with pics. i have turn-downs that are hidden under the stock bumper. i personally think the tips look like crap without a GT bumper. but that is JMO so no one take offense!
Old 06-07-2007, 06:37 AM
MustangMike2001
4th Gear Member

Old 06-07-2007, 06:39 AM
SilvrStang
6th Gear Member

Mines in a sig
Old 06-07-2007, 10:03 AM
FBCBEER
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FBCBEER

ORIGINAL: flash20

nice! ryan what size tires are those?
Ryans are 4". Mine are 3 1/2" .
HAHAHA! Im an idiot! Note to me: Open mouth, insert foot!
Old 06-07-2007, 11:02 AM
sliek0722
2nd Gear Member

I think it looks ridiculous without the GT bumper. It looks try hard - like you're trying to make a v6 engine look like a fast car. I always see modded sixxers and for a split second I go "is that a GT?" and if one key component is missing(fog lights, wheels, badges, GT bumper with duals) I always smirk and think it looks so try hard.

If you're gonna add duals, just spring the extra $500 or try to find a GT bumper in a junkyard that's your color for less. It's sooooo worth the cosmetic investment.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:27 AM
mustanginexile
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sliek0722

I think it looks ridiculous without the GT bumper. It looks try hard - like you're trying to make a v6 engine look like a fast car. I always see modded sixxers and for a split second I go "is that a GT?" and if one key component is missing(fog lights, wheels, badges, GT bumper with duals) I always smirk and think it looks so try hard.

If you're gonna add duals, just spring the extra $500 or try to find a GT bumper in a junkyard that's your color for less. It's sooooo worth the cosmetic investment.
i do the same thing too, check out each mustang to see what it is. but that shouldnt be a determining reason to geta gt bumper. i would say less than 10% of the people on the road know the difference between a mustang gt and a mustang coupe and for the ones who do know the difference, few care. look at the fox body and sn95's. they have a regular bumper and they look awesome. unless you get a real good deal on a gt bumper, it is not worth it... $300-$500 bucks so a few people won't think I'm 'trying hard'...forget it..
Old 06-07-2007, 11:31 AM
sliek0722
2nd Gear Member

The 94-98 sit higher up than the 99-04 so fake duals on that don't look bad. Pretty much you get dual exhaust for cosmetic because there are a ton of other ways to increase hp besides the exhaust, so if you're gonna go cosmetic you should complete the cosmetic look and get a GT bumper
Old 06-07-2007, 11:39 AM
mustanginexile
1st Gear Member

The 94-98 sit higher up than the 99-04 so fake duals on that don't look bad. Pretty much you get dual exhaust for cosmetic because there are a ton of other ways to increase hp besides the exhaust, so if you're gonna go cosmetic you should complete the cosmetic look and get a GT bumper
look at cisurfer's pic on the previous page. that looks ****... and dual exhaust is probably 50% cosmetic. but there is no mold you have to conform to as far as cosmetics go. you would get a gt bumper because you are used to seeing the gt bumper on stangs with dual exhaust, basically 'everyone else has it, so i have to do it that way too'but it comes down topersonal preference.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:21 PM
RyansQuick6
Reverse Gear Member

I know you didn't just acuse me of running fake duals so I can impress people like you. I am one of the few members on this forum that have full exhaust, true duals, h-piped, all the way, from front to back.

I also probably have more moneyin myexhaust than you have in your entire car. A GT bumper is not at all important to me, I go no faster with it, it does nothing more than lighten my wallet, and if notched properly, as mine is, there are no fitment issues and the exhaust flows perfectly.

And if I wanted to "look" like I had a GT, I would just go buy one.... Oh wait.....I did! But I guess I'm a poser because my Bullitt exhaust is going on my 6'er while my Magnaflows go on the Bullitt, so now my 14 second sixer is a fake poser Bullitt, that is one mod away from being faster than my Bullitt, a mod that I already have, that is waiting to be installed,at that. So it won't look like a fast car, but at least IT WILL BE A FAST CAR!

Hmmm, I guess I need to change my game plan because someone else doesn't like the way I spend my money, I guess I should be tossing $500 on a bumper instead of on a 3" cowl hood to clear my new windstar intake, then maybe I'll spend the $400 to tune my car on something more important, like racing stripes or Altezza taillights!!!!

The poser is the guy who points the finger but never offers anything backed by intelligence or reason, just an irrational, jacked up, incorrect opinion that would better kept unspoken. Just think before typing next time.

Ryan

Old 06-07-2007, 07:30 PM
Flake6899
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RyansQuick6

I know you didn't just acuse me of running fake duals so I can impress people like you. I am one of the few members on this forum that have full exhaust, true duals, h-piped, all the way, from front to back.

I also probably have more moneyin myexhaust than you have in your entire car. A GT bumper is not at all important to me, I go no faster with it, it does nothing more than lighten my wallet, and if notched properly, as mine is, there are no fitment issues and the exhaust flows perfectly.

And if I wanted to "look" like I had a GT, I would just go buy one.... Oh wait.....I did! But I guess I'm a poser because my Bullitt exhaust is going on my 6'er while my Magnaflows go on the Bullitt, so now my 14 second sixer is a fake poser Bullitt, that is one mod away from being faster than my Bullitt, a mod that I already have, that is waiting to be installed,at that. So it won't look like a fast car, but at least IT WILL BE A FAST CAR!

Hmmm, I guess I need to change my game plan because someone else doesn't like the way I spend my money, I guess I should be tossing $500 on a bumper instead of on a 3" cowl hood to clear my new windstar intake, then maybe I'll spend the $400 to tune my car on something more important, like racing stripes or Altezza taillights!!!!

The poser is the guy who points the finger but never offers anything backed by intelligence or reason, just an irrational, jacked up, incorrect opinion that would better kept unspoken. Just think before typing next time.

Ryan

Amen +1

Quick Reply: !!!! no gt bumper!!!!!