V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Rant on slow sixxer

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:33 AM
eaglecatcher
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Rant on slow sixxer

ORIGINAL: cobra232

ORIGINAL: eaglecatcher

ok, take the mustang I have, and put the 300ZX I want up against it. You race them both stock, and the Z will kill the mustang. Put 10 grand into both, and the Z will still kill the mustang. Even though the NA 300ZXs respond very lackluster to mods, it would still kill a mustang. to get any decent power out of the 3.8 for a decent price, you've got to go F/I, and if you go F/I with the mustang, that makes it fair to go F/I with the Z, and a 300ZXTT will kill pretty much any mustang ever made (stock ones). No it wont take two weeks to get a water pump in for the Z, here in Dallas, there is a Nissan Dealer that specializes in 300ZX parts. They are pretty much the largest 300ZX parts dealer in the US, and they have everything, so no it wouldn't take 2 weeks to get a water pump. I had to get my ujoint on my driveshaft replaced, and it took about 3 days to get one, and thats how long it would take to get something fromthe Nissan dealer. Dont getmad at me just because ford doesn't put any R&D into their cars like japanese manufs do. They actually care about earning our business. Ford just thinks they can sit on their haunches and use the "support your country and buy domestic" crap to keep them afloat.
dude have you ever built an engine in you entire life?????????

i think not.

1. the 300ZX TT is a top of the line model not a base model. take a NA 300 ZX and it will not outrun the stang by more than 1 car.

if it took you that long to find a U-joint for your stang then it's your fault cause everybody carries them.

R&D for Jap cars is no different than american cars. take a base model Nissan Sentra and compare it with a base model stang. same slow *** soft riding fuel efficient type of a car.

$10,000 into a 3.8 will get you into the mid to low 10's with a 3.8. it will barely get the 300 ZX rebuilt to handle the boost to get into the 11's on the 300ZXTT.

please quit making incredibly uneducated rants based on paper stats on a top of the line model VS a base model. your really making yourself look really dumb and it's really sad
yes, but sentras get about twice the gas mileage of a mustang, so its fine for them to be slow.

not really. No one said you can't do an engine swap. You can swap in a VG30DETT in for a few grand, that leaves you say 7 grand for other stuff. I'm talking 98 3.8's here, so 10 grand into that will get you suspension, drivetrain, and about 400rwhp (I asked on here about that a while ago, so if you say thats wrong, you're saying mustang drivers dont know much about their own cars). A stock TT will get you into the 13's easy, and then with mods, like rear end, UDP, weight reductions, etc, you will get down into the 10's probably.

DOn't forget though, straight line racing is a small portion of racing. I guarantee you, a 300ZXTT will destroy any mustang around nurburgring. Cobra, GT500, whatever, it will beat it around a twisty course I guarantee you.

Its worthless to defend your car, just admit that ford could have done a much better job with the mustang compared to what you get from other manufacturers for the same price.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:34 AM
eaglecatcher
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tiny1987

look if you hate your stang then sell it to someone who will apreciate it and quit your bitching and go buy your 300zx
do YOU want to buy it from me?

didn't think so. If you'll fork over some cash then I"ll sell it, otherwise I have all the right to bitch about it I want.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:40 AM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

I still can't for the life of me figure out why these mustangs are so damn slow. Mine is a 98, and its got a 3.8L v6, thats a monster engine by normal standards, yet its slower than a ****ing accord. I mean, why did ford not charge people a little more on the base price, and make use of the massive amount of displacement they have, instead of slacking off and making a ridiculously slow car. I mean, a 9 second 0-60 time is pathetic. You've got Nissans with much smaller engines, like the 300ZX has a 3.0L V6, and its got 222hp, the Maxima has 3.5L V6 making 255hp, and the 350Z has a 3.5L v6, and it makes over 300hp. Hondas Accord 3L V6 makes 244hp. That car is an econo sedan, that is faster than my car, and gets better gas mileage. I don't see why someone would buy a mustang over the rest of the cars out there. Well, you ask why did i buy one then? I'll tell you. I turned 16, and my parents offered to buy me a car. I just took whatever car they would get me, and a mustang was the only car oferred that I really liked (I didn't know anything about how terrible they were), so I took it. Far be it from me to turn down a free car.

I was called unpatriotic in another thread for saying I'd rather buy a 15 year old 300ZX than a Mustang, and that I'd rather pay the repairs on such an old car than drive a new car that is horribly designed. Ford made one of the crappiest cars (excluding the pinto, yugo, etc). The engine is extrmeely underpowered, I coudl get better fuel efficiency driving a V8 Corvette, and the solid rear axle is the worst idea since fart cans on civics. I'm sorry, but these cars are just terribly engineered, and are the least bang for the buck out there. Feel free to complain all you want, but in the end, the only reason the mustang sells is because people know its name. There is no car behind the name anymore, all you buy is the name when you buy a mustang.
There is no car behind the name anymore? A Mustang GT would change your thinking, and waste the 15 year old 300ZX that you're dreaming about! I'm not telling you the same old "get a GT" response, but you do have to realize that Ford did not intend the V6 Mustang to be a true performance car.
I know your pain. I drove a '95 V6 Mustang for 3 years. It is frustrating that such a large motor only made 145 horsepower! The big reason why the smaller "import" V6s make more power is because they are DOHC 24 valve engines. They may not have great low end torque, but they make up for it with great power throughout the rpm range.
The current V6 is really the first respectable V6 that Ford has offered for the Mustang. It makes as much power as the mid to late 90s GTs. It hangs with and can beat stock SN95 GTs.With simple mods like intake, tune, and exhaust, it hits 14s at the track. I've spent $1100 on performance mods, and my car runs 14.6-14.7 consistently.
That makes me feel good when I see "new edge" GTs running low 14s!
I don't know what it would take to get a 3.8 into the 14 second range, but once you're there, I consider that respectable. You'd be hanging with several cars that are percieved as fast.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:43 AM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

yes, but sentras get about twice the gas mileage of a mustang, so its fine for them to be slow.

not really. No one said you can't do an engine swap. You can swap in a VG30DETT in for a few grand, that leaves you say 7 grand for other stuff. I'm talking 98 3.8's here, so 10 grand into that will get you suspension, drivetrain, and about 400rwhp (I asked on here about that a while ago, so if you say thats wrong, you're saying mustang drivers dont know much about their own cars). A stock TT will get you into the 13's easy, and then with mods, like rear end, UDP, weight reductions, etc, you will get down into the 10's probably.

DOn't forget though, straight line racing is a small portion of racing. I guarantee you, a 300ZXTT will destroy any mustang around nurburgring. Cobra, GT500, whatever, it will beat it around a twisty course I guarantee you.

Its worthless to defend your car, just admit that ford could have done a much better job with the mustang compared to what you get from other manufacturers for the same price.
Read.My.Post.Dumbass.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:44 AM
eaglecatcher
3rd Gear Member

A GT would not waste a 300ZX. even the NA, it woudl be close. I've seen guys in NA Z's race GT's, and they only lost by about a length or so. The TT would kill the GT any day, but for the NA to hold its own, thats pretty impressive against a car with 2 more cylinders and 1.6 more L of displacement and about 80 more horsepower.

Don't forget thoguh, straight line racing is not the only kind of racing. On a track, a Z will beat a mustang like a red headed step child in the twisties.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:45 AM
eaglecatcher
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02 Stang

Read.My.Post.Dumbass.
Don't.Whine.Little.Girl.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:47 AM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

A GT would not waste a 300ZX. even the NA, it woudl be close. I've seen guys in NA Z's race GT's, and they only lost by about a length or so. The TT would kill the GT any day, but for the NA to hold its own, thats pretty impressive against a car with 2 more cylinders and 1.6 more L of displacement and about 80 more horsepower.

Don't forget thoguh, straight line racing is not the only kind of racing. On a track, a Z will beat a mustang like a red headed step child in the twisties.
true but hte mustang is set up as a stright line preformer. always has been
Old 06-08-2007, 04:48 AM
eaglecatcher
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: simpsonfan13

true but hte mustang is set up as a stright line preformer. always has been
Yes, but not all driving and racing is in a straight line.
Old 06-08-2007, 04:48 AM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

You don't think so? What year GT are you referring to?
Old 06-08-2007, 04:51 AM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 02 Stang

Read.My.Post.Dumbass.
Don't.Whine.Little.Girl.
It's cute, the facts are in front of you. You get what you pay for. The Mustang V6 is a cheap car that performs well compared to cars in its price range. That is what we are comparing right? You've said it over and over again, and I posted up numbers for you. The Mustang is one of the cheapest (Base model Civic is much cheaper), the most powerful, and yes, the heaviest. It looks the best, and I would take it over a POS civic any day. If you want a car for gas mileage, get a Civic. It's that simple. Sell your car for a Civic, because God knows you can get a used one for CHEAP. Look at the EPA for the cars I posted compared to a Mustang - Not that far off (besides the BASE Civic.)

Quick Reply: Rant on slow sixxer