V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Cobra R bumper or chin spoiler?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 09:31 PM
RedStarBelgrade
BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. He will sell you junk and call you an idiot for falling for it. Know what you are buying! Admin

Default Cobra R bumper or chin spoiler?

What do you guys think? I have a Cobra R front bumper but I don't know if I'll ever put it on....paint job cost too much, especially now when I'm saving for s/c installation and some tune. However, I was thinking of selling the bumper, getting the chin spiler and maybe drop it 1.5 or 2inches. I like Cobra R betterbut for a daily driver it might be too low, and since it's fiberglass I would probably brake it soon. What do you think I should do?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:01 AM
jpacetti
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Cobra R bumper or chin spoiler?

I just ordered the mach 1 chinspoiler from stangmods.com and I think it looks really cool. I hope to have it received and installed tomorrow. I also just redid my headlights to the clear projector style with blackened corner turn signals that with the two together will look really good.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:29 AM
RedStarBelgrade
BEWARE OF THIS SELLER. He will sell you junk and call you an idiot for falling for it. Know what you are buying! Admin

Yeah, I think I'll do that...and do you have to paint it or something before you put it on?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:17 PM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

You don't paint the Mach 1 chin spoiler unless you don't like the black lip and want it to be a different color. I don't think that would look too good.
Old 04-21-2008, 04:58 PM
RedStarBelgrade

ORIGINAL: indisposible_teens

You don't paint the Mach 1 chin spoiler unless you don't like the black lip and want it to be a different color. I don't think that would look too good.
Thanks! My car is black so I'd leave it black. And do you know what is ground clearence with the spoiler on? After I put it on I would probably try to drop the car for maybe 1.5 inches...2 might be too low for a daily ride!