V6 General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to V6 Mustangs.

Whats really stopping you from getting a GT?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 09:55 AM
robinson209
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Whats really stopping you from getting a GT?

ORIGINAL: groundpounder

your money, your life, your car, your way.

Screw what anyone else says or thinks, including me.

+ 1

Do what you want man. But I'm with some of the people that say don't get a payment. I'm still in school and God knows I want a nice, clean, fast car but first things first. Gotta finish school, gotta save money, gotta get a better paying job when I graduate with my degree. You can get a car with payments that don't seem like a lot but you gotta remember with payments comes full coverage too. You'll end up paying a crap load every month. In the long run what does it matter? I would rather save that money to do other things that mean more. If you are a millionaire and money isn't a thing then do what you like, either way do what you want!
Old 04-29-2008, 09:59 AM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

I'm going V10 next time.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:10 AM
gif4445
4th Gear Member

Your right, you do only live once and if you want to go out and get a GT, ya your taking a chance.....but that happens in life. I'm almost 19 now just like you and i just got my sixer, i guess realized that getting a GT was just too far out for me since i'll be going to college soon. When i was younger i always asked my dad why all the old people were driving all the nice cars! I just didnt get it at the time, but now i realize its because they took their time and invested wisely.

But w/e you decide to do, make sure that you can live with the decision.
best of luck
Old 04-29-2008, 10:17 AM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

Ive already got460 cubic inchesin the garage. why would i want something with a puny 281 cubes?
Old 04-29-2008, 10:24 AM
ayrton02
4th Gear Member

I'm 20.I could go to the car lot right, trade in the car now+put a nice downpayment of about $2000 down and get a very nice new edge GTor an sn95 cobra (if I could find one).... no problem. Car payment would probably be less than the $190 a month I'm paying now, but the insurance wouldgo up some.

I suprisingly have more important things to worry about now than the car... college. The sixxer isstill a great car with lots of potential... thatI hope to get alotmore potential (supercharger... built engine)right after the time I'm graduate, andget aGT or ls1 f-bodythat hasn't been ragged to hell for a daily driver.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:42 AM
MACHJUAN
5th Gear Member

i see nothing has changed in the v6 section but memebers, same random why not a v8 topics with members butt hurt, OP get what you want man, who cares about gas we all need it so STFU and just fill up whats so hard about putting 150-200 dollars of gas in your budget guys?

Learnhow to budget your money
Old 04-29-2008, 10:47 AM
ayrton02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bardock

Im sick of my 6ixer.. I mean love it and I think it really is one of a kind.,but I think i have finnaly decided on getting a 2005+ GT vs my 03 6 banger.
Im about to turn 19 and im just tired of it.

1. I only live once and nothing is ever promised tomorrow so why not buy the car of my dreams while im here?
2. you have to pay to play and I understand that..Gas is a bitch but oh well ..style cost money.
3. Even if I do the supercharger package for my 6ixer ..I can only dream of touching a Gt.
4. If i do the supercharger....im forced to use premium gas.

I used to be one of those people who dreamed of owning a v8 with the 6ixer but...I cant take it any more. I cant take damn GT's, Mazda...even a damn saturn effing with me at the stoplight and me having trouble shutting them down.

I figure the GT will be 350-400 per month (Based on my down payment for the GT)+ my damn insurance which is already around 200/month...It'll probally go up to 300 something.

Am I a fool for wanting a GT? ...i mean they dont get much less mpg then us and hell ITS A GT!

Thats my rant..Im just curious as to what is holding some of the guys here back from getting a GT.
If you are scared at the thought ofpaying for93 octane, chances are the GT payment and insurance is gonna rape your bank account. I run 93 with my tune right now, and I don'tget pissed off when I pay for gas. With the 93 tune, it's def worth it.. it's just the price you pay. [8D]
Old 04-29-2008, 11:25 AM
Black04
2nd Gear Member

Find the balance between what you want and what you can afford. I sure as hell wouldn't be driving a V6 mustang if money wasn't an object, that being said, I am extremely happy with my car.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

ORIGINAL: MACHJUAN

i see nothing has changed in the v6 section but memebers, same random why not a v8 topics with members butt hurt, OP get what you want man, who cares about gas we all need it so STFU and just fill up whats so hard about putting 150-200 dollars of gas in your budget guys?

Learnhow to budget your money

you have a puny 281 too[:-]
Old 04-29-2008, 01:12 PM
my94pony
4th Gear Member

if i saved my money instead of doing things to my car and sold mine i could get a nice sn95 gt (i like the body style and would stay with it) but its my first mustang and its hard to let go of. I've had a few people i work with wanting to buy it off me or trade plus cash but I can't seem to let go of it.

Quick Reply: Whats really stopping you from getting a GT?